A Sentiment

God knew what He was doing when He sent a gentle breeze and brought a lovely butterfly to set my heart at ease. The happiness of your friendship and the gentleness of your words have touched my life in special ways and now I feel assured. Thank you for your loyalty and for reading everyday. I only hope you find things to make a happy day.

Friday, May 31, 2013

The Memory Garden

I swear to you there are divine things more beautiful than words can tell.
~Walt Whitman




The Memory Garden by Balisha

I have a task to do today that fills my heart with pleasure..
In coming years I'll think of it as something I will treasure.
A garden spot that's set aside for memories that will last..
A loving place that will take shape...though not so very fast.
A plan is forming in my head...a garden spot so sweet...
Being in the front yard... it will have to be so neat.
Flowers, just a few of them... to brighten up the spot..
Ones that like the sunshine... this place is very hot..
Shrubs, there are a few of them already planted there..
Roses, maybe three to plant...this is all I'll share.
A place for chippys and the squirrels who come
to romp and play..
Perhaps a snake will visit...he'd like that I can say.
The birds will come and visit...a feeder hangs right there..
My window over looks this spot...I can see it from my chair.
So, out I'll go and figure out just what I want to do..
To make a spot for growiing  and a memory or two.


6 comments:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Memory gardens are so special! I know you will create a wonderful garden and it will bring you much enjoyment.

Love and hugs ~ FlowerLady

Judy said...

Yes! You will enjoy the planning and planting--and the peace of seeing it there.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Something wonderul for you to create. May you sleep with peace
this night...

Jan said...

What a great idea. I'm sure that you will create a beautiful spot for reflection. Jx

Christys Cottage Wildlife Garden said...

What a lovely poem and the memory garden will be such a special place!

Sharon said...

I like this idea. Maybe a special stone or two ~ my husband has picked up special pieces of stone over the years that found their way into flower beds at our other house. If my daughter ever sells that house, we will transfer the stones to our current home.