A Sentiment

God knew what He was doing when He sent a gentle breeze and brought a lovely butterfly to set my heart at ease. The happiness of your friendship and the gentleness of your words have touched my life in special ways and now I feel assured. Thank you for your loyalty and for reading everyday. I only hope you find things to make a happy day.

Tuesday, July 22, 2008



I woke up early this morning and decided, since it was cool and not raining, that I would go out and clean up the border in front of the woods. I donned my best apparel. My butterfly shirt, blue jeans with tattered hem and a drawstring waist, socks, and green crocs (a gift from my daughter)My hair was stylish...bedhead and I was sprayed from head to toe with OFF. I was manned with my 5 gal. bucket, Japanese weeding tool (another gift from d.), shears, a dandelion digger, camera, bird book, and a towel (to wipe off the bench) The sun had just come up and everything was dewy. The first greeters were the finches. Then one by one they all gathered to spy on me. Cardinals, woodpeckers, wrens, robins, the catbird, and sparrows. chipmunks, and a squirrel. I heard a rustling and a high pitched sound and found that the Mulberry Tree was full of cedar waxwings. I got down to business and worked for about 2 hrs. The ground was soft....perfect for pulling. I sat on the bench and by now the sun was really up and ready to give us a warm day. I took some pictures and then came in the house to shower and fix breakfast. Hubby said...."I'll take you out for breakfast." What a guy!

Balisha

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a productive morning of weeding. Good of your hubby to take you out for breakfast! I try to get stuff done early in the morning too, before it gets too hot.

Balisha said...

Hi PG,
I did do a lot and it shows.That area really gets weedy and I can just keep up with it.The first couple of years I did the whole woody area, but I now do just the border and about 5 ft. in. That is really the only part that is our property. Back further belongs to Com. Ed. They don't maintain it very well.I planted wildflower seed two falls ago and will do it again this fall, so there are some flowers back in there. It looks a whole lot better. I guess the birds like it better when it's left that way...undisturbed and wild.