A Sentiment

God knew what He was doing when He sent a gentle breeze and brought a lovely butterfly to set my heart at ease. The happiness of your friendship and the gentleness of your words have touched my life in special ways and now I feel assured. Thank you for your loyalty and for reading everyday. I only hope you find things to make a happy day.

Monday, July 21, 2008



Family birthday party this weekend. My Grand daughter, Xoie, is 19. She came into my life when she was 3 yrs. old. My son married a girl with two little daughters 3 and 5. He soon adopted them and they were ours. She has been such a fun girl. Full of energy and love. If she were a flower...it would be a buttercup....so sunny. This is a picture of her with my son...her Daddy, on her golden birthday.

We went to Mass first thing yesterday. Then out to breakfast with friends. This is our Sunday morning ritual. The waitress doesn't have to even bring us a menu. She knows us so well. It's a friendly little, small,town restaurant where everyone goes. We have to make a beeline to the parking area or we are out of luck. We see the same faces every Sunday. The Sr. menu has a breakfast for just over $4. Good food and served with a smile.

It is raining again. We've had over 4 inches in the past few days. It's been hot and humid. The AC runs and runs....much to the delight of our power company.
My lilies in the back yard are blooming this morning. I will have to take some pictures after the rain. I noticed changes in the wild things growing along the road, on our way to the party. Things are drying a bit...the Queen Anne' Lace, Sunflowers , Black Eyed Susan's, and Chicory (?) are blooming. My friend, Ruth, moved to Georgia and missed the Queen Anne's Lace so much. I gathered seeds for her and sent them on. She planted them in her yard, but didn't have luck with them.
I remember my parent's surprise 50th anniversary party, in July, years ago. My daughter and I decorated all the outside tables in blue and white. We went out along the road and picked bouquets... and filled antique blue canning jars. We used them for the table decorations. So simple and pretty.

Well, it looks like the rain has let up and hopefully the sun will shine later on. It will be hot, but that's summer near the Rock River.

Balisha

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We could use some rain. We've been having a heat wave lately. I love Queen Anne's Lace, but it just won't grow in a garden. It is a true wild flower. Burpee sells a hybrid form of it that you can plant from seed.