A Sentiment

God knew what He was doing when He sent a gentle breeze and brought a lovely butterfly to set my heart at ease. The happiness of your friendship and the gentleness of your words have touched my life in special ways and now I feel assured. Thank you for your loyalty and for reading everyday. I only hope you find things to make a happy day.

Saturday, July 19, 2008



Now this picture isn't very good. Remember the green nest...all made of the same green leaves that I told about a while back? It is on the front porch light. My hubby hasn't been too happy about the nest being there. He grumbled a bit about it. Mama and Daddy were so diligent about building it and moving in....he relented and we left the nest there. Now the story gets interesting. Forgetting the nest...he suggested a trip to Lowe's to pick out new light fixtures for the house. We went shopping and picked out some beauties. He started to put them up and had sort of forgotten about the nest. He said, "We will have to wait till the babies are on their own." We wondered how far along they were. I got the ladder and climbed up (when the parents were gone) and snapped a quick picture. We have babies!!! Now he is so protective of them. We will wait to put up the new light, don't leave the porch light on, let's not use the front door, he tells the kids in the neighborhood not to bother them. It is now the bird's home...not ours. Just for a little while.

Balisha

4 comments:

Crayons said...

That's such a great photo! I've never seen such small bird babies (is that the right term?). Tell your husband that he is a real man for letting nature unfold in good time.

Balisha said...

Thanks for reading, Crayons. I don't think the Mom's and Dad's appreciate my taking their pictures, but the devil made me do it. LOL

B said...

They are young. Must be the robins second or third nest of the season!

Those little ones grow so fast.

Balisha said...

They are purple finches. The parents are so attentive. Love to watch Dad feed Mom.