A Sentiment

God knew what He was doing when He sent a gentle breeze and brought a lovely butterfly to set my heart at ease. The happiness of your friendship and the gentleness of your words have touched my life in special ways and now I feel assured. Thank you for your loyalty and for reading everyday. I only hope you find things to make a happy day.

Thursday, June 5, 2008

We have a beautiful blue spruce in our backyard. It is near the house and it is huge. Two years ago, we noticed that the branches were turning a funny purplish color.
This was in the fall. The next spring the tree wasn't getting the new needles like previous years. It still had the purple color to it. We had a tree man look at it and he fed it and gave us directions on how to care for it. We have really babied this tree. This spring it got new growth that looked fairly normal. We have been watching for the purple color....the inside of the branches are sort of sparse, but it looked healthier on the outside. This is the tree where the doves built the nest. This morning we had a tornado watch and really dangerous winds again. (what's with Mother Nature this year...she's picking on us!!!) I went out to check on the baby bird and found that he was on the ground....partially eaten. I hate that. Poor baby. When I pulled a branch down a bit it broke off in my hands. I tried again and the new growth just breaks with no effort at all. We decided to not spend anymore $ on this tree. I think it may be a goner. What a shame...The picture is the only good one that I have....so it is a winter one. I don't know a whole lot about trees. I just hate to lose this beautiful one.
Balisha

No comments: