A Sentiment

God knew what He was doing when He sent a gentle breeze and brought a lovely butterfly to set my heart at ease. The happiness of your friendship and the gentleness of your words have touched my life in special ways and now I feel assured. Thank you for your loyalty and for reading everyday. I only hope you find things to make a happy day.

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Today didn't work out quite like I expected. I assumed that we would be going to Anderson Japanese Gardens and take the tour and look at the beautiful gardens. I was mistaken...my new friends wanted to only visit the new restaurant there. We had a window seat and it was beautiful...looking out at the lovely gardens. We watched the different variety of birds flying by. The lunch was very good...and pretty too. A mound of Jasmine rice with strips of tempura chicken resting on the rice, a berry sauce surrounding the rice. A stack of assorted squashes and small triangles of sliced, roasted pineapple. It was topped off with an edible orchid. The dessert was fried cinnamon, sugar, wontons with vanilla ice cream and topped with assorted berries. We had Jasmine Green tea. It was so good. We ate while a pianist entertained us. The ladies wanted to go shopping afterward. We visited a shop called PORCH. It was full of outdoor things....statuary, bird nests, wind chimes, rain chains etc. Fun to look at everything. I bought two small platters that were hand painted...one with a chick a dee, and the other with a wren. I was a little disappointed, but the afternoon was nice anyway...being with a friend and making two new ones. I will add the address for the Garden and if you want you can check it out. I haven't done this before...so I hope I get it right and it works for you.
www.andersongardens.org

Balisha

No comments: