A Sentiment

God knew what He was doing when He sent a gentle breeze and brought a lovely butterfly to set my heart at ease. The happiness of your friendship and the gentleness of your words have touched my life in special ways and now I feel assured. Thank you for your loyalty and for reading everyday. I only hope you find things to make a happy day.

Tuesday, June 3, 2008


I woke this morning to the sound of doves cooing and flying to and fro. From the fence to the nest. Both Mom and Dad are on duty to keep their one kid satisfied. He is standing tall in the nest. I haven't heard a peep out of him though.

This is a rainy day and we are just doing lots of piddley things in the house. Fixing doorbell, finishing the quilt, cleaning nooks and crannies. It looks so fresh outside and isn't too warm. I put the hanging baskets down to get some rain. This is one of my weeks to take care of Mary's Garden and Mother Nature is helping me out. From the weather forecast...I shouln't have to drag the hose up the hill to water all week.

I put Laddie's picture here, because he is sitting near my feet all day...thinking that it may storm..after all it's raining. Such a baby. I guess we baby him...that's why.

Tomorrow a friend and I go to the Anderson Japanese Gardens in Rockford. I have been there before, but it is still one of my favorite places to go over and over again. It is so pretty in each season. I love the calmness of it all. So quiet and simply planted. They have just opened a Japanese restaurant...so we will have to try that out. Of course rain is in the forecast, but we will go anyway and carry umbrellas...unless it is a gully washer. As Pooh would say..."Tut, tut, it looks like rain."
Balisha

No comments: