A Sentiment

God knew what He was doing when He sent a gentle breeze and brought a lovely butterfly to set my heart at ease. The happiness of your friendship and the gentleness of your words have touched my life in special ways and now I feel assured. Thank you for your loyalty and for reading everyday. I only hope you find things to make a happy day.

Sunday, June 8, 2008



Just back from Mass and breakfast out. Another rainy day. Father said that God's love comes down on us like these Spring showers. His love showers over everyone....not just a few.

This little illustration reminded me of all the fun we kids had when it rained...many years ago. As soon as the sky turned cloudy...we were in our boots and umbrellas in hand...out the door to wait for the showers. We played in the gutters...twirling our umbrellas in the dirty water. We built dams and fished in the sewers with a branch, string, and some kind of a hook. If the weather turned violent...Mom would make sure we had our boots on and down to the basement to wait it out. When she was a child...her bed, on the 3rd floor of the house, was hit by lightning. She was terrified of storms the rest of her life. I always vowed that I would never fear them and would try to keep my kids from having that fear too. I don't think any of them are afraid, but are kind of daredevils when it comes to nature. Their Dad used to go our on the deck to watch the storms come in. Tornado warning...he was looking to the skies. I am not that brave....we just had a big bolt of lightning...Think I'll heed the warning and shut down. Keep dry!

Balisha

4 comments:

B said...

I'm enjoying your blog.

We have a spaniel too. And before we moved to central Wisconsin we lived near Elgin. We loved camping at Rock Cut State Park.

Balisha said...

Hi Tam...thanks for reading. I will visit your blog after this. Our spaniel is going to be 11 yrs. old. He is such a gentle, loving dog. We are retired and not quite as active as we used to be. He thinks he is retired too and just follows us around ....sometimes walking right in front of us...as we do our daily
chores. He goes to each room with us and stays till we leave. He is very laid back.....unless he spies a squirrel....then he gives chase and thinks he can catch it. He does the same with a bird occasionally. He loves company and greets each visitor to make them welcome. I had aother wonderful dog named Maggie. A Cocker Spaniel. She and Laddie were best friends. She was 15 and had to be put down a couple of years ago. I still miss her. It's wonderful to have a dog at our stage of life. They seem to sense how we feel and often know what we are going to do before we do...it seems.
Thanks again for reading.
Balisha

B said...

Our pup is 9 months old and he does love chasing birds!

Some days I look forward to him growing up and calming down a little. He's not too hyper but he does love to chew and chase cars, bikes, and birds.

Balisha said...

Laddie was the same way when he was a pup, as I've been told. I've only been married to his "Daddy" for 5 yrs. My husband says to tell you that he will probably calm down if you have him neutered. Laddie drove them crazy....he even chewed people's hair if he could get hold of it. Now he is so laid back...sometimes we wish for the days when he was more active. I guess they are just like us. Just be patient. I'll bet he loves the kids.
Balisha