A Sentiment

God knew what He was doing when He sent a gentle breeze and brought a lovely butterfly to set my heart at ease. The happiness of your friendship and the gentleness of your words have touched my life in special ways and now I feel assured. Thank you for your loyalty and for reading everyday. I only hope you find things to make a happy day.

Tuesday, June 10, 2008



I was checking my garden plants, after about 4 in. of rain and horrible winds...and wondered if they will ever grow and flower as nice as in past years. I planted the sweet potato vines in a couple of pots and they are pretty much the way they were when I planted them. I am sure we will be complaining about the heat and lack of rain before too long, but right now everything is drenched. I took the above picture last year in the fall. I was pulling out the annuals in my big planters and lo and behold....sweet potatoes. They were huge! Neighbors hadn't seen anything like it. I started a sweet potato from the store, in the house, a few months ago. It started growing and was really pretty with colorful foliage. It is planted with the other ones. Hoping it won't rot in the soil. The chartreuse color is a pretty accent color.

Today is beautiful...the air is off and the sun is shining. I am ready to go out and do my thing in the garden. Weeds should be easy to pull. We have lots of branches to pick up. No dilly dallying today...work to do.

Balisha

No comments: