A Sentiment

God knew what He was doing when He sent a gentle breeze and brought a lovely butterfly to set my heart at ease. The happiness of your friendship and the gentleness of your words have touched my life in special ways and now I feel assured. Thank you for your loyalty and for reading everyday. I only hope you find things to make a happy day.

Wednesday, June 11, 2008



We have a very busy end of the week and weekend coming up...so today I took my bucket, stool, gloves and a couple of tools and went around the house...pulling weeds and digging out grass that has invaded our edging. It was a great day for this. Coolish, not raining, and the ground was so wet that it was easy to pull things up. It's amazing how things have grown. I will post pictures on the next sunny day. My hostas are doing so well. I love the different colors. I used to have all the same old ones that are green and white striped, but now I have all different colored ones.

My hanging basket pictured above is having a little problem. I think that the brick behind it gets too warm and the lobelia is suffering. Probably too delicate for that place.

We are expecting more storms and a couple of inches of rain are possible tomorrow. We can take it, but poor Wisconsin. I can't believe the pictures coming out of some of the resort areas up there. A young couple was being interviewed on CNN today. They are year round residents and their house just washed away...not only that, but their lot is gone too. We complain about our plight with swollen river and flooded cornfields, but these poor people have lost so much. I hope they get help.

Balisha

No comments: