A Sentiment

God knew what He was doing when He sent a gentle breeze and brought a lovely butterfly to set my heart at ease. The happiness of your friendship and the gentleness of your words have touched my life in special ways and now I feel assured. Thank you for your loyalty and for reading everyday. I only hope you find things to make a happy day.

Monday, June 23, 2008


The fluorescent orange lilies are really attracting attention. I was just out tidying the front flower bed, when a couple of walkers stopped by and commented on the color. They were both in agreement that purples and pinks were their favorites, but this color is outstanding. I have lived here for 5 yrs. and have had a hard time getting acquainted with some of the neighbors. The close ones I know, but I don't know the neighbors up and down the street. I think that gardeners always have something to talk about and gardening is a good topic to open up a conversation. My one neighbor down the road has a bog. She is so interesting to talk to. She has lots of different critters visiting. Her yard is more wild and actually I don't think there is any lawn to mow....so different than ours. It is mowing day again here...I won't be helping because of a sore neck. It's hard to turn my head quickly. It's better today, but mowing wouldn't help. So I will putter.

My clematis vines are getting brown leaves at the bottom. The tops are beautiful. Most just coming into flower. I think it has to do with uneven watering.

I visited Barbee's Blog yesterday and found that Tasha Tudor has passed away. I have some of her books and the kids brought books illustrated by her home from the library. I have always been interested in her way of life. Her paintings are so simple and lovely. She had a knack for painting whimsical critters in her yard. She was 92 and will be missed. One of the greats!

Balisha

1 comment:

Mary said...

Hi Balisha! Thanks for your kind comment. My first comment here is about your blog title:

Never Enough Time

So true!

Mary