A Sentiment

God knew what He was doing when He sent a gentle breeze and brought a lovely butterfly to set my heart at ease. The happiness of your friendship and the gentleness of your words have touched my life in special ways and now I feel assured. Thank you for your loyalty and for reading everyday. I only hope you find things to make a happy day.

Sunday, June 22, 2008


This is my Father's World...a favorite hymn. We used to sing it in my Methodist Church. Since converting to the Catholic faith...I haven't heard it. I did think about it as I came home from Mass this morning. Our Mary's Garden, in front of the Church, is beautiful. I will take a picture soon. The picture that is posted is a Mary's Garden in Green Lake Wisc. We visited that Church when on vacation. We went to breakfast at the Swedish Pancake Rest. We took the long way home to check on the flooding. The mighty Rock is everywhere. The corn fields are still flooded...receding slowly. I'm afraid the corn crop around here is doomed. We saw lots of wildlife enjoying the flooded fields. Lots of geese, ducks, a heron, big turtle etc. Strange how we think the worst, when mother nature goofs, but the critters delight in it.
It is lily season....everywhere we drove we saw lilies blooming where just a short time ago tulips stood. A house down the road has all different colors of old fashioned roses along the road. She was working in them and I told her how pretty she made the road home for me.

When we got to our house it was ablaze with those orange lilies...that I'm not crazy about. I'm thinking maybe I made the way home pretty for someone who loves orange.

Balisha

No comments: