A Sentiment

God knew what He was doing when He sent a gentle breeze and brought a lovely butterfly to set my heart at ease. The happiness of your friendship and the gentleness of your words have touched my life in special ways and now I feel assured. Thank you for your loyalty and for reading everyday. I only hope you find things to make a happy day.

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

This is a picture of my Lady's Mantle. It's a favorite of mine. The plant is very graceful. Leaves are kind of pleated and it's billowy blossoms are green also. Sort of a chartreuse color. They start to bloom in June and last for a long time. I love to bring them in for an inside bouquet. Sometimes I mix flowers with them and sometimes they just stand alone. These Lady's are very happy where they are. I never expect them to spread the way they do. Isn't it a miracle how a very small plant in the Spring can turn into beauties like these? There isn't a whole lot of color in this garden right now, but a bit later there will be corepsis,toad lilies, asters, and the nasturtiums that my little friend planted. Probably should have planted the seeds a little earlier.
My hanging baskets on the deck are not doing well. The baskets are planted with mostly lobelia. They have been battered time and again with the high winds and have had way too much rain. The blue flowers are still there, but underneath they are turning brown. That's the problem when you plant all of one thing in a basket. If that particular plant doesn't do well....that's it...you have nothing to fall back on to fill in. Oh, well, next year.....
Balisha

No comments: