A Sentiment

God knew what He was doing when He sent a gentle breeze and brought a lovely butterfly to set my heart at ease. The happiness of your friendship and the gentleness of your words have touched my life in special ways and now I feel assured. Thank you for your loyalty and for reading everyday. I only hope you find things to make a happy day.

Friday, February 21, 2014

A Rather Blustery Day

It's a rather blustery day...as Winnie the Pooh would say. Loved this little story. When my son John was a little guy...he loved Winnie the Pooh...and so did I. Of all the stories The Blustery Day was my favorite. The art work in the story is beautiful....soft water colors. the little creatures seem almost alive. Little touches like Winnie's blue scarf and little night shirt and night cap...make the story come alive. Christopher Robin's very sweet voice when he says, "Silly old bear" was so cute. A.A Milne was the creator and Ernest Howard Shepard the artist and book illustrator. He is known for his human-like animals for The Wind in the Willows and the Pooh stories among others. 
We have had wind all night. I had trouble sleeping because of the rattling of things on the house. When I finally got to sleep,the power went off for a while. Then mysterious things started happening in the computer room. The computers went off and then turned on. I kept hearing noises from them too. Probably my dreams were the cause of that. This morning, things aren't right with the computers. It seems that they have a mind of their own...and we both have a few problems.....mainly with Google Chrome. 
Right now....the wind is fierce and the sky blue as bluebells with puffy white clouds.Because I didn't sleep well....I'll just do the necessary things around here and maybe doze in the afternoon for a while.We usually go for a fish fry on Friday....maybe we'll get out even though it's a rather blustery day.
Balisha

No comments: