A Sentiment

God knew what He was doing when He sent a gentle breeze and brought a lovely butterfly to set my heart at ease. The happiness of your friendship and the gentleness of your words have touched my life in special ways and now I feel assured. Thank you for your loyalty and for reading everyday. I only hope you find things to make a happy day.

Saturday, September 21, 2013

One Little Cosmo or is it Cosmos?

One Little Cosmos by Balisha

One little Cosmos such a pretty flower..
Enjoying the sunshine and a little shower.
Where she came from.. Mother Nature knows..
A little seed was planted and started to grow.
I knew this flower in the spring, her feathery leaves had formed..
It wasn't in the right spot, but then my cold heart warmed.
I'd leave it there this season... and watch it grow so tall..
Among the other flowers that were so very small.
It's bloomed it's little heart out and nodded in the breeze..
I love it now and dread the day that we will get a freeze.
She lives among the asters now and her color is so bright..
My fall cleanup is coming and try with all my might.
I'll not be able to save her she doesn't like the cold..
She'll wither and turn brown and die back I am told.
I learned a lesson from this flower and I'll try to tell you now..
Flowers like people.. when different...fit in to life somehow.
It's up to us to let them stay and help them with their living..
A garden small is like the world where people can be giving.
So, saying this, I'm glad she stayed and graced my garden small..
With her bright pink color shining... through seasons until fall.
The time will come when she'll be gone...before she does I pray.. 
She'll drop some seeds and bloom again in the month of May.





6 comments:

deb @ frugal little bungalow said...

Beautiful! :)

Blondie's Journal said...

How beautiful! What a treat to read today! I love cosmos...one of the truly great flowers that grows so well from seed.

Hope you are having a great day with this cool, sunny weather!

XO,
Jane

Judy said...

I think it's Cosmos--maybe many are called Cosmies? LOL

Patty Antle said...

I love your poem Balisha

Gardener on Sherlock Street said...

Sweet poem. I love cosmos!

marlu said...

Lovely photo and beautiful poem.