A Sentiment

God knew what He was doing when He sent a gentle breeze and brought a lovely butterfly to set my heart at ease. The happiness of your friendship and the gentleness of your words have touched my life in special ways and now I feel assured. Thank you for your loyalty and for reading everyday. I only hope you find things to make a happy day.

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

My Head is Buzzing With Spring Thoughts





The sun was so bright yesterday, it almost hurt my eyes. It's the same today. If we can believe the weather forecast we will have snow tomorrow into Friday. This up and down roller coaster weather is something else. I was looking at Renee's seeds yesterday and did what I said I would never do again. I placed an order for some seeds. Our local gardening spots carry about the same things each year. They don't carry the different or unusual. Probably because they know what sells best in our area. I wanted a different cherry tomato this year. At Renee's I found it...a plant that produces both red, orange, and yellow cherries. I don't need two plants...just one, so this sounds like a good bet for me. I ordered some different basil seeds too. I plan to convert my garden window next to me...into a greenhouse of sorts. It's a nice sunny window and is warmer than downstairs. I'm planning on putting just one tray of seeding mixture and planting just a few seeds from both. It will be convenient for me to keep watered and to control the heat and light. Hopefully I'll have good luck. I have two large containers outside for tomato plants. One for the cherry tomatoes and one for a regular sized one. The basil will go in terra cotta pots.

Why does the sun do this to me? As I look out the window...it looks warm and I get the urge to start gardening. I poke around the house lifting the mulch to peek at what could be coming up underneath. I check on places where I might have planted a few crocus bulbs. Will that new clematis make it through the winter...what will come back in the new Mary's garden? When will I see the green sprigs of mum plants? What supplies will I need? These questions are buzzing around in my head. But then as I open the door...and 6 degrees hits me in the face, I come back to reality and think about the snow that is coming. We haven't had a bad winter, but I'm so anxious for spring.
Balisha

Hi, I was just outside and it's really nice out in the sunshine. I filled the bird feeders and looked around the yard a bit. Went to the store and the bank and now I'm home. I really have a need to get outside and breathe fresh air once in a while. When you are older...it is so easy to just stay isolated inside the house. Just a trip to the store and the bank  got me around people who I could talk to. I noticed this morning...almost all the customers at the store were gray haired. I think that we "gray heads" visit the stores early in the day, so we don't block aisles and get dirty looks LOL. We have time to meander around and read labels...we oldsters read labels...and squeeze the melons ...another LOL.
B.

4 comments:

debra @ homespun said...

I was thinking about gardening the other day too!: )

Christys Cottage Wildlife Garden said...

Hi Balisha....here in Tennessee we've had roller coaster weather too. Right now it's 32 degrees but feels even colder. I know what you mean about the seed catalogs, I buy from them every year...just can't help myself. I'm also dreaming of spring and can't wait to get out there and start gardening. I look forward to following your blog!

Margie's Musings said...

I will miss my flower beds when I move. I hope the landlord will let me put a flowerbed next to my small patio. If not, I'll do a container flower garden.

We here in Kansas have also had roller coaster weather.

I enjoy your posts so much, Balisha.

Barbara said...

No sign of Spring here yet!