A Sentiment

God knew what He was doing when He sent a gentle breeze and brought a lovely butterfly to set my heart at ease. The happiness of your friendship and the gentleness of your words have touched my life in special ways and now I feel assured. Thank you for your loyalty and for reading everyday. I only hope you find things to make a happy day.

Friday, July 23, 2010

Before and After the Rains

This was written day before yesterday before the highly anticipated rains came. On the weather map, rain was predicted for everyday. We waited patiently throughout the days of the week. Then we got it all at once. 9 inches so far and it's still coming down. It's either feast or famine here in Byron. A friend emailed this morning...Be Careful What You Wish For!!
Now on to the post that I had written day before yesterday.
I'm dissatisfied with some things in my garden. Some of my containers aren't doing so well right now. They have been neglected and are just in a "funk." Hey, this is my garden and I can change it. Some of those containers will be moved to other locations..... Some will be refurbished.....some will "bite the dust." I plan to do a major overhaul...when the weather suits me.The mums and asters are waiting in the wings. They always make a nice showing. The container on the chair... in the front garden, is one that has given me so much trouble...It looks great when it is watered, but let a half a day go by and things start to droop......so it will be moved into a more shady environment and trimmed back a bit. The ever dependable hens and chicks will have the place of honor on the chair in the front garden. I may bring one of the large pots to the front and plant it for fall with kale and cabbage. When pumpkins are in season...I plan to add a couple of them to the front garden and on the front porch. The hanging basket by the door is so pretty right now...she's safe. I'll remember that pretty little petunia next year. The black eyed Susan's are always so pretty this time of year...they are all over our neighborhood right now along with the tough lilies. Fall is coming, even though the thermometer read 94 yesterday.
Now it has rained and I would need water wings to garden. We just hooked up the plastic hose to the sump pump. It is pumping water out like crazy. Checking around the yard this morning....everything is lopped over and water logged. Guess I won't have to drag that hose.
Balisha

No comments: