A Sentiment

God knew what He was doing when He sent a gentle breeze and brought a lovely butterfly to set my heart at ease. The happiness of your friendship and the gentleness of your words have touched my life in special ways and now I feel assured. Thank you for your loyalty and for reading everyday. I only hope you find things to make a happy day.

Thursday, July 8, 2010

The Hot Weather and Joe's progress

For the first time...I haven't felt like blogging. My mind has been elsewhere. Joe is doing fine. He got rid of most of his tubes and wires today and is up and walking with assistance. He still has an IV, however. I'm afraid that my garden is taking a beating with all the hot.. hot weather we've been having. I even used valet parking at the hospital, because I didn't feel like walking to the car in the heat. Getting in the car was almost dangerous. It was so hot that I couldn't hold onto the steering wheel. I had been there for 5 hours and the car was closed in the direct heat. Oh, well .....enough complaining Balisha. I came home and found the tomatoes limp and wilted. The pot in the front garden is limp as well. The Japanese Beetles were having a ball. All that heat and no one to disturb them. Holes in everything. Did I not just say enough complaining? Well, Joe will be home soon and I will be able to get out there and yank out what I've lost. I'm just happy that he's OK and is doing better than expected. I'm tired and I am going to lie on the bed and watch a TV show...or read for a while.
Nite, nite, Balisha

7 comments:

Lynn said...

I am so glad Joe is doing ok... the flowers will be ok to with a little tender loving care in a few days. Just take care of yourself in all this heat!!!

sunny smiles said...

Rest well, the plants can be replaced and stay cool if you can...

Margie's Musings said...

I am glad everything went so well. I tried to leave a comment on his surgery site but it wouldn't take it.

Anonymous said...

Hi Balisha, So glad to know that Joe is doing o.k. I know exactly what you mean about the heat. We are getting much needed rain and some relief from a two week heat wave this morning. It was 97 degrees yesterday and I went to the grocery and thought I would have a heat stroke. I jumped up this morning and opened all the windows as soon as I heard the rain. First morning in days and days I won't have to water the plants. Hold on, I'm sure you will get some relief soon. This summer has been so unusually hot here that we have not been able to enjoy summer at all.

Barbara said...

Glad Joe's surgery went well and prayers for an eventual full recovery.
Hot here too 100 in garden and 88 in house. Too much.

garden girl said...

I'm glad too, that Joe's doing well Balisha.

I'm sorry your garden has taken a beating. The heat and humidity have been so oppressive! This morning's cooler, dryer conditions are such a welcome relief.

I can imagine how tired you must be. Sure hope you were able to get some well-deserved rest. It's so stressful when our loved ones face surgery, so hard to see them in such pain. So much worry to deal with.

Take care of yourself Balisha. I know you're taking good care of Joe. xoxo

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

I was glad to hear that Joe is doing so much better. I am backtracking trying hard to catch up. My mind just has a terrible time keeping up somethings.

Knowing how you are about your garden..I know it must be difficult for you to watch it being attacked and you can't get out to put a stop to it. Soon. Soon you will be out there and back to gardening and your life will return to normal.

It seems that these later years, at times, are not what I thought they would be.
Howard fell off the porch this morning and was afraid to tell me..but I knew he was upset about something and he finally told me he had just walked right off the end of the front porch and fallen completely down.
Like I said...it seems that things are just beginning to catch up with us...
I hope you can find moments to relax. At least your sweet Joe is improving...and that is everything.
Hugs,
Mona