A Sentiment

God knew what He was doing when He sent a gentle breeze and brought a lovely butterfly to set my heart at ease. The happiness of your friendship and the gentleness of your words have touched my life in special ways and now I feel assured. Thank you for your loyalty and for reading everyday. I only hope you find things to make a happy day.

Thursday, March 11, 2010

We Are Getting Ready to Sit on the Porch

Here is an Adirondack chair.. like the one that Joe is working on...so hard. Very difficult to paint. We will keep it on the porch so that the weather can't damage it so much. This is our little porch. We spend so much time here in the warm weather. A place to rest when we are pooped!


Good morning,
Rainy day here. Yesterday started out this way, but ended up with sunshine. We stayed in the basement, however. I am just about finished with my project...Joe on the other hand...is still struggling with that Adirondack chair. He says..."Never again, Balisha!"There are so many sides to paint and hard to do without leaving runs. He has the primer finished and next will come the enamel.
I have a couple of quilts that aren't homemade...ones that I bought at a discount store that I will fashion chair and bench covers from. They are in the Wedding Ring pattern in pastels with a white background. I have a pastel rug that I will hang on the back of the bench. The window hanging may be done...I don't know if I will get at it or not. I would like to use the white window frame and have the same quilt as a background behind the glass and then on the back of the glass adhere some pictures of flowers, doilies, and maybe family pictures. I can see this in my head, but don't know how to do it exactly. It could hang on the house behind the chairs. Garden trug painted white with flowers. Terra cotta pot with geraniums, and my plant stand, painted white would finish it off. These are the plans. Why didn't we start this sooner? Procrastination!
Maybe knowing it would be hard work..we just put it off. Werealized how old we were yesterday, after spending the day in the basement. As we sat in the living room, watching TV...Joe said, "Balisha, is this what old age feels like?"
Balisha

3 comments:

Noelle Johnson said...

Hello Balisha,

Two of my favorite things...Adirondack chairs and quilts. I can't wait to see the finished project :6)

Anonymous said...

But always young in spirit, and that's what really counts. :) Your ideas for your porch are lovely, and I envy your ability to be sitting there so soon. Though, I must say, I do believe we're in for an early spring here in eastern Canada. :) Yay!

Balisha said...

I think my post on sitting on the porch is wishful thinking. We've had snow here much later than this. I'm just working and planning ahead. It's dreary today...I was just out cutting a few things down that need neatening..(Is there such a word?)
Balisha