A Sentiment

God knew what He was doing when He sent a gentle breeze and brought a lovely butterfly to set my heart at ease. The happiness of your friendship and the gentleness of your words have touched my life in special ways and now I feel assured. Thank you for your loyalty and for reading everyday. I only hope you find things to make a happy day.

Friday, February 19, 2010

The Jersey Kids

My grandson, Tyler, is in a group called The Jersey Kids. They are a group of students who enjoy performing songs from the Broadway musical "Jersey Boys" Inspired by the Chicago company of Jersey Boys, The Jersey Kids put on a show that is so professional. Every little detail is done well...after many hours of perfecting this show. My grandson is the boy with light colored hair. We went to see their performance yesterday and were thoroughly entertained. The kids have no stage fright...they project their voices in that familiar falsetto that was so popular back in the 60's. They are so personable and put a few humorous touches into their act.
These kids practice and practice and have all the moves down pat. We were taken down memory lane by this performance. The toe tapping, clapping and cheering crowd made all their hard work worth it.They started out in 2008 by singing "Sherry" in a solo and ensemble contest at school. They got a great score and this was the beginning. They decided to do more songs from the show and started to perform all over. Time has passed and dances have been added. Now they perform all over the area.

I love seeing my grand kids perform, be it music, skating, sports, gymnastics, and even horse back riding. They are special to me....I'm a proud grandma.
Balisha


1 comment:

Elenka said...

You should be a proud grandma. What a wonderful thing!