A Sentiment

God knew what He was doing when He sent a gentle breeze and brought a lovely butterfly to set my heart at ease. The happiness of your friendship and the gentleness of your words have touched my life in special ways and now I feel assured. Thank you for your loyalty and for reading everyday. I only hope you find things to make a happy day.

Friday, November 6, 2009

Dinner With the Neighbors by Balisha


November 5th was here... the day had come so fast..

When supper with the neighbors was finally here at last.

Dan and Kelly had invited us to join them for a dinner..

Our answer.. yes, came easily..we knew it'd be a winner.

We dressed in clothes so casual...and went across the street..

The door was opened by our friends.. who are so very sweet.

The table laid before us with everything so fine..

We walked around the table..."Would you like some wine?"

The kitchen smelled so wonderful.. I asked about the dish..

Fettuccine medley.. Kelly said..we knew it'd be delish.

The dinner was Italian from beginning to the end..

The conversation easy.. because they were our friends.

Thankyou Dan and Kelly...for everything you do..

We really couldn't pick better friends than you.




We went to our neighbors for a late afternoon meal yesterday. Joe had a meeting later, so they accommodated us. The meal was all homemade...minestrone, salad, fettuccine medley, asparagus, bread, beverages and I took pumpkin pie. It was delicious...we brought the leftovers home and they are waiting in our frig...we'll have it again today. Yum!

Balisha

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The meal (and the company) sound absolutely wonderful! :)

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

I think dinner with friends you are easy with is about the nicest way you can spend an evening! The dinner sounded delicious! I do love Italian food!

I loved your advice..however it is difficult to sit for any length of time. I am better today so I am hoping that whatever has gone wrong will right itself! They will have to hog tie me, Balisha, to get me back in that hospital.
I nearly left at 3am two days before I was to be released. I talked the doctor into releasing me early...bless his heart. I was going a bit mad in there.
At least the surgery part is healing nicely..even the part that had the breakthrough bleeding. It is nice to be able to turn over.
This last pain is a mystery. They suspect a blockage..but it is better today. They will let me know shortly I hope.
A drive in the country sounds delightful. Soon I hope! Maybe a trip to apple country... :) We missed the Festival but it is terribly crowded during that time anyway.
You are feeling back to your old self? Has Joe decided to get another buddy? I think Mele is my last dog. I cannot imagine life without her...she is always right with me.
Balisha...thank you! Just thank you! :) You send me such warmth!
Mona

Balisha said...

We had such a good time...

Noelle Johnson said...

Dinner with friends, makes the food taste even better :)

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

What a wonderful meal. Years ago when I lived in Michigan I had an Italian friend. The food was so good. Take Care.