A Sentiment

God knew what He was doing when He sent a gentle breeze and brought a lovely butterfly to set my heart at ease. The happiness of your friendship and the gentleness of your words have touched my life in special ways and now I feel assured. Thank you for your loyalty and for reading everyday. I only hope you find things to make a happy day.

Monday, March 2, 2009

Christmas Again?


We are still in the deep freeze. Last night it was 10 degrees, when we went to bed. It is supposed to start warming up later in the week. Hubby has the start of his first cold this winter. I think that I will probably be next. It seems that I always catch them from him...no matter how careful I am. I thought we might escape the winter without one. Oh, well, what can you do?

Looking in my living room you'd think that Christmas was upon us. I still have a healthy poinsettia and my amaryllis is blooming. Of course the color red is my favorite...so I'm a happy camper. The amaryllis is one that I had two years ago and I finally learned how to bring it back. I have heard that they are bigger, when they re bloom. It looks about the same to me. I have the red lion amaryllis planted with a dwarf one. I think it is a Calimero. I like it best, because it is shorter and really just as pretty. So, this year, the pot will go back into the garden and I will start the process all over again...it's worth it.
I just enlarged the above picture....it's not a good picture at all. My camera needed charging and this is the result. Oh, well, you get the idea.
Balisha

This is a late addition to this post. We have just completed the first day of our workout to an exercise DVD. I would highly recommend it to Seniors. The name is "Stronger Seniors workout program" with Anne Pringle Burnell. Anne is a Certified instructor and faculty with the American Council on Exercise, the Aerobic & Fitness Association of America. She has been teaching seniors since 1966. She has a long list of credits. I bought the DVD without ever hearing about it. I just read the comments at Amazon and took a chance that it might be what we wanted. Well, I can tell you that it is perfect. I might add that these exercises are done sitting on a chair. I went into the living room and got my chair and started in. She starts slowly with stretching and balance and then works into a program in the 2nd DVD. My hubby came into the room and said that it was his turn. We both looked at each other and he said, "How did we get so out of shape?" I know how....we sat here all winter...especially this winter it was so bad and confining for older folks. We both can feel that we have moved parts of our bodies that haven't had much exercise for a while. I am so glad that I found this...it's the cat's meow! LOL
Balisha

5 comments:

Roses and Lilacs said...

Your blooms are beautiful.

I've had the same amaryllis plants for many years. They spend the summer outside. The bulbs will increase and will divide eventually so watch for over crowding in the pots.
Marnie

Elenka said...

I have a white amarylis that I got for Christmas, it's all done blooming. What do I do with it now?? Can it ever bloom again? I really like the red ones.
Big snow storm today....

Anonymous said...

I love your beautiful reds, which is also one of my favourite colours as well. :) That amaryllis is gorgeous.

Barbee' said...

Real spirit lifters! I wouldn't mind being indoors with beauties like those. You are so smart to exercise. I took a short walk today and am soooooooo out of condition.

Balisha said...

Hi Marnie,
I think that you were the one who gave me the inspiration me to keep it going.It was worth it. I appreciate it more...seeing how I had more to do with the growing of it.
Hi Elenka,
I will get you the info on how to keep it going. I love the white ones too.
Hi Nancy,
I love red...but I also like the pinks and blues and grays in the garden.
Hi Barbee,
Flowers always are good for the soul...especially in the winter. We've just started this exercising, but it does make you have more pep. Winter "sitting" just kind of makes me feel "draggy" Kind of like a sloth LOL It doesn't take long to get stiff and out of shape as we age.