A Sentiment

God knew what He was doing when He sent a gentle breeze and brought a lovely butterfly to set my heart at ease. The happiness of your friendship and the gentleness of your words have touched my life in special ways and now I feel assured. Thank you for your loyalty and for reading everyday. I only hope you find things to make a happy day.

Sunday, October 5, 2008

This little narrow porch wasn't used much before, but this year...we really enjoyed it. We got more company...sitting out on the porch. The little kids became our evening friends. Now it is decorated with fall things. Some things Halloween and some just fall. We have a big jack-o-lantern in the window...closer to the holiday.


We found our that one of our breakfast friends passed away during the night. We used to go to breakfast after Mass every Sunday. He was such a fun person and a good worker for our Church. We couples are all about the same age and he was such a nice man. It's wonderful, I think, when you can say that a man is fun in his late 70's. So many oldsters get cranky and out of sorts as they age. He pretty much stayed the same...always a joke and keeping our conversations light and interesting. There will be a hole in our hearts and at the breakfast table.


It's a gloomy day today. No work outside today. That's good, because I am tired from all I did yesterday.


The porch is changed from summer to fall. It is supposed to warm up a bit, so we will be sitting out once again. Our little neighbor girl likes to visit and play with a doll that I have. She has a vivid imagination and feeds him, scolds him, puts him down on the bench for a nap. I went through my boxes of belongings, the day I organized the basement storage area, and found a box of dolls. I called her over and gave them to her...keeping the boy doll here for her to play with. She hasn't seen the porch decorated for fall and Halloween yet. I will miss seeing her when winter comes. I always love it when I hear....Hi neighbor! and then See you later alligator!


Balisha

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are also decorating our garden and porch for the autumn and a soon coming winter. I am blogging about it in The Blue Garden.

I am sorry about your friend.

OhioMom said...

What a lovely spot to sit and enjoy your garden and little friends.

Balisha said...

Thankyou Britt and Ohiomom,
I have several different spots to sit in the yard.This porch is one of the favorites. Our neighbors don't sit out in the evening like we do...so many are young people and are so busy these days. We like to eat on the deck and I have tea on my front porch just about everyday.

Mary said...

Balisha, porches are great. And, believe it or not, down here in sunny North Carolina the autumn leaves are beginning to show. Time for change, I guess! We have pumpkins now :o)

Roses and Lilacs said...

Your porch look very inviting. Great place to enjoy warm autumn days.
Marnie

Judy said...

I just love that little porch and the fall decorations. I bet the neighbor children love coming over for a visit with you. I am sorry about your breakfast friend.

Balisha said...

Good morning Mary, Roses and Judy,

Yes fall is really here. Our leaves are changing fast. I worked out next to the porch this morning...deadheading and cutting things down, while my carpets were being cleaned.

Anonymous said...

What a nice place to sit & visit with friends & family.