A Sentiment

God knew what He was doing when He sent a gentle breeze and brought a lovely butterfly to set my heart at ease. The happiness of your friendship and the gentleness of your words have touched my life in special ways and now I feel assured. Thank you for your loyalty and for reading everyday. I only hope you find things to make a happy day.

Monday, June 16, 2008





Probably one of my favorites in the garden are the little hens and chicks and all their family. I had this strawberry jar and the concrete leaf planter and wondered what to do with them. The first year I had flowers in the jar and just had the leaf for an ornament in the garden. I ran across a company Squaw Mountain Gardens and fell in love with these cute little plants. I priced them at our local nurseries and decided that I would try ordering them. I was so excited to get the package. I opened it and it was full of these precious tiny buttons. They were each wrapped in their own little planters and had paper held with rubber bands around to contain them. I followed the instructions for planting and in two years these have multiplied and filled the holes and then some. I keep the jar and leaf in the garage...unheated....under the wheel barrow... in the winter. They may be OK outside, but it isn't much trouble to take them in. Along about Feb. I take my hand dipped in water and sprinkle them...like we used to do to our ironing. I don't know if this is necessary...but I do it. A few of them bloom for me and they are the tiniest, sweetest, blooms. I found a cement chicken at the old Forest Gardens....she has outstretched curved wings and inside she is holding hens and chicks. She is just sitting there looking at me, when I shop. Hmmmm.

Balisha

No comments: