A Sentiment

God knew what He was doing when He sent a gentle breeze and brought a lovely butterfly to set my heart at ease. The happiness of your friendship and the gentleness of your words have touched my life in special ways and now I feel assured. Thank you for your loyalty and for reading everyday. I only hope you find things to make a happy day.

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Something New



Here is the latest and last statue for the woods. It was an anniversary gift from my husband. St. Fiacre...patron saint of gardening. The little girl next door loves to come over and fill the sprinkling can and water the statues. She says, "Can I put water on Francis?" She likes to see the change in color of the concrete after it is wet. I think most kids love to play in water. I used to fill buckets for my grandsons. We would bring out all kinds of plastic utensils and they would play for a long time, while I gardened. They watered everything. They each would take a ladle and run to water something. By the time they got there the water was mostly gone.

We have been watching Meet the Press. I feel like we both are in mourning at the loss of Tim Russert. He was always my favorite. Looking back on his life...he must have been a wonderful man. Tom Brokaw did a wonderful job...left us teary eyed. What a tribute to Father's Day. He will be missed. I can't imagine the political season ahead without him.

We are having a cookout for Father's Day. I wonder how many cookouts I have hosted for Father's Day. It seems it's the thing to do. Men are champions of the grill. We women are just the bystanders today. They do it so well.

Balisha

No comments: