A Sentiment

God knew what He was doing when He sent a gentle breeze and brought a lovely butterfly to set my heart at ease. The happiness of your friendship and the gentleness of your words have touched my life in special ways and now I feel assured. Thank you for your loyalty and for reading everyday. I only hope you find things to make a happy day.

Thursday, June 26, 2008


A dreary day in the midwest. We shopped this morning and then came home and ate an early dinner of chicken chow mein. I just put a chocolate pie together for a snack tonight. Those two food items don't sound very good together....we will wait 2 hrs. for the snack.... maybe.

Tomorrow I have to get out to the woods and manicure the edge. Knockout roses are blooming everywhere. We saw so many pink ones in Rockford today. Our town has stella d'oro lilies on every corner in our downtown area. They are mixed with some purplish flowers...don't remember the name. A nice combination of colors

I have been thinking ahead to winter. Can you imagine...in June? I don't have very many houseplants and thought it would be fun to "play" with some mini african violets. I sent in an order for an assortment. I am going to put them in self watering pots. I had regular violets years ago and ended up giving them away, after years of taking care of them. These won't take so much room and should be fun to watch. I left it up to the grower as to what colors they would send. I have pretty good luck with ordering plants. Hope this works out as well.

I have a purple gloxinia that looks very much like a violet. It is blooming right now.

The sweet potato vines are finally taking off. I also planted my sweet potato instead of eating it... in the same pot. It is growing too. It was colorful in the house, but it has turned completely green in the pot outside.

My daughter will be driving from the east coast to her second home in Wisc. this weekend. She has had reports on the condition of her area during our crazy, rainy, weather. The neighbors have lost boats and docks and she lost one of her two docks. When Lake Delton went, her area suffered too. I hope that she doesn't find too much of a mess to clean up. She is picking up her nephew on the way. Maybe he will be a help. The boys are lucky to have an Aunt with a Lake House and she is generous and shares her home with all of us. She travels there quite often...usually flying. Once in a while she packs up the two cats and heads for her other home. The cats know when they are going and get excited. They love it there...sitting in the windows, twitching their whiskers, and making little growly noises at all the birdies that come to the feeders. They are inside cats, but with the windows open to the world they are the great hunters.

Balisha

No comments: