A Sentiment

God knew what He was doing when He sent a gentle breeze and brought a lovely butterfly to set my heart at ease. The happiness of your friendship and the gentleness of your words have touched my life in special ways and now I feel assured. Thank you for your loyalty and for reading everyday. I only hope you find things to make a happy day.

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Sunday Afternoon

I love it when our priest brings a bit of nature into his homilies. A couple of weeks ago, he wrote about how he feels when he is out in God's world fishing. Today it was about the perfection of a birdnest. Why do they build the same kind of nest each year, how do they get it so perfect..to hold their eggs. Reminded me about the 4 year old next door...when I held her up to the blue spruce in our yard, to see a dove's nest. We pulled the branch down slightly, so as not to disturb Momma...and in a wild flutter she flew out and almost bumped into our heads. She got a "bird's eye" view of that nest and was thrilled...not frightened a bit. She loves to garden with me and is so quick to help me carry and dig...what ever. She says it's boring at home, but loves to help me. Her Mom and I laugh at that....I can get her to do anything, but Mom has trouble getting her to help out. I told her Mom that she is just so used to her things at home....here is is new and interesting to her.
My hanging baskets are swinging in the wind today. They dry out so fast these days. I am always watering them. I planted a Mother's Day gift...a Chrysler Imperial Rose the other day. I am not usually good with roses, but I am going to do my best with this one. I planted wildflower seeds in the woods last year. I have lots of tiny flowers blooming right now. I can't identify all of them. There are quite a number of forget me nots. Now if I can keep the wild garlic under control....they should be pretty. My little neighbor and I planted nasturtiums yesterday. The seeds are big enough for her to handle. She loved it. Now she has something to watch.
I am going to work on my quilt next. It is for my 12 yr old grandson. He asked me to make him one for his 13th birthday.
Balisha

No comments: