A Sentiment

God knew what He was doing when He sent a gentle breeze and brought a lovely butterfly to set my heart at ease. The happiness of your friendship and the gentleness of your words have touched my life in special ways and now I feel assured. Thank you for your loyalty and for reading everyday. I only hope you find things to make a happy day.

Monday, December 16, 2013

Bits and Bobs for Monday

Finished the little hedgehog yesterday during the Bear and Green Bay games. After reading the comments and emails I received...I decided to give him a name and a reprieve. His name is Henry and he won't have pins and needles stuck in him. He will be part of my Christmas decorating and just now, I got a thought...he'll be part of my little woodland tree.I think he will fit right in. So, all of you tender hearted people will be happy and so will he :) By the way...he won't be getting any sisters or brothers, DEB. He was just a little too putsy to make. A one time craft....so he'll be special.

We just got back from the pool. I have never gone to a pool in the winter and this winter is a really cold one so far. 11 degrees when we left home. We swim and then get out and side on the sidelines for a while... drying off. Then we get dressed and meet in the little lounge area for coffee to really warm up. Joe can start the car from  the lounge.. and the seat warmers as well. (we are so spoiled) So, it isn't so bad.

I'm  home now and ready to start the day. I just watered all the plants and after I post this...I'm going to clean the fridge and make room for things. We had a ham yesterday and all the left overs are in containers everywhere in the fridge.

I'm looking at my Susan Branch calendar for 2013...hanging on the wall in front of me.. I have always bought one of her's. I thought that this year I might just buy an Old Farmer's Almanac Gardening calendar. I got it in the mail and I like it, but it's not full of pretty things and cute pictures and words  that only Susan does. . I'm going to have to hang that garden calendar in the mudroom and buy a Susan Branch 2014 calendar. It's really a work of art on the wall...and I get a lot of pleasure out of looking through it for the first time each year and then  looking  forward to turning the page to a new month. Susan Branch has a blog that you can access from my sidebar. I grab a cup of tea or coffee and sit to read her wonderful posts. I love her homey way of talking and her artwork is wonderful.

So after I leave here...it's off to Amazon (my partner in crime :) during the holiday season. I need to order that calendar to see if I can get it by the 1st of January 2014.
Have a simple day...
Balisha



6 comments:

deb @ frugal little bungalow said...

I am quite sure that Henry is a Happy Hedgehog now! :)

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

I went to a special calendar booth they has set up in the mall. They didn't have Susan Branches Calendar..so I came home and bought it online. I LOVE it! I used hers all last year. It's filled with little note as to what happened that day. You will LOVE it!

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

P.S. Your little hedgehot is so sweet. I've stopped doing crocheting and never did knit. I've even stopped painting my roses. It's that finger on my right hand. The forefinger gives me fits in the first joint and is now slightly crooked. ??? It seemed to happen overnight about five years ago and if it use it too much..it really aches.
I hope you get your Calendar. :)

Diana LaMarre said...

Henry is just perfect for that tree!

Sharon said...

Henry is adorable. Maybe he can find different places to live in your home throughout the year.

Years ago my husband and I joined a local hotel pool over a few winters so we'd keep active when it was coldest - it was a good idea because once we paid for it we felt like we had to go.

I consider my calendar as artwork, too, and I need squares big enough to make notes. I'm amazed what I find on old calendars when I'm trying to find a date for an event, dr's. appt, trip, etc.

Barbara said...

Like your home made tree decorations.