A Sentiment

God knew what He was doing when He sent a gentle breeze and brought a lovely butterfly to set my heart at ease. The happiness of your friendship and the gentleness of your words have touched my life in special ways and now I feel assured. Thank you for your loyalty and for reading everyday. I only hope you find things to make a happy day.

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

I Sat on the Porch



The picture is the porch a couple of years ago.
Oh, my gosh....were you outside today? I went out early in the afternoon and found the sun was warming the front porch. My porch...my favorite spot to sit was actually warm enough to sit for a while. I did sit in the sun, soaking up some vitamin D.I sat there for a while and then decided to clean the porch furniture. Got the broom and swept the sidewalk. The clematis by the porch needed pruning...so I cut that down a bit. Then, I found my chair and just sat and enjoyed the sun until the school bus came with the kids. It just felt so good. I hope that spring comes slowly and not right into hot weather...it is so much more enjoyable that way. If I feel good...I'll start my cleanup in my little gardens. One day at a time...one job at a time. Lots of sitting and relaxing...that's how I'll handle it this year. I'll tell you tomorrow what I did inside today before going out.
Balisha

6 comments:

JCDiTaranto said...

That would be so nice if there were a real spring this year. It does seem as if we go from winter right into summer lately!

Judy said...

Jealous!!! Beautiful porch--is everything so nice and green there now--like the picture? I too am hoping and telling everyone that we had a "normal" winter, so we should have a normal spring and not just jump into 85 degree days--like we did last April. I love it at 65-70 and can work outside and not sweat or be so hot. Maybe we will be lucky this year?

Margie's Musings said...

Your porch and yard are lovely, Balisha. I'm glad you had a lovely day. It rained and sleeted here.

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

Your front porch looks like a great place to sit in the sun. I love to sit on the front porch, especially in the early spring sunshine. The birds are busy building nests and this year we are swarming with squirrels. As annoying as the squirrels are, they are still entertaining to watch.

Hillcresthome Prims said...

Your porch looks so inviting! I am glad you were able to sit outside on your chair and be on your beautiful porch.
You home is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!
Hugs and Love,
Tricia XO

Balisha said...

Our very narrow porch is used so much in nice weather. This picture was taken a couple of years ago in the early summer. We are still "enjoying" the rather tan landscape of early spring in N. Illinois:) We do have green shoots popping up everywhere.
Balisha