A Sentiment

God knew what He was doing when He sent a gentle breeze and brought a lovely butterfly to set my heart at ease. The happiness of your friendship and the gentleness of your words have touched my life in special ways and now I feel assured. Thank you for your loyalty and for reading everyday. I only hope you find things to make a happy day.

Thursday, January 26, 2012

A Poem

The Possum Has To Go by Balisha

One day a week or so ago a possum came to call..
He sat upon the feeder and sampled seeds and all.
He was just outside my window.. on a feeder hanging there.
The feeder hung so low to ground.. in mornings I would stare..
At all the pretty birdies...we really had our share.
This little creature then appeared and entertained me so..
His little nose pink like a pig...and teeth so sharp I know.
He ate and ate and took his time...it seemed he had no fear..
I started then to look for him each time I came so near.
And then I thought about the birds just waiting for their turn..
They really didn't have a chance.. to feed is what I learned.
Then stories about how pesty these possums really are..
I made a tough decision... one that was so very hard.
I'll take the feeder down, so he will go away..
But just before I do it...I really want to say.
Thank you, little one, for a couple days of fun..
I wish you well and safety until this winter's done.
Maybe I will see you some night when spring is here..
I'll feed you in the woods then...to me you are so dear.


No comments: