A Sentiment

God knew what He was doing when He sent a gentle breeze and brought a lovely butterfly to set my heart at ease. The happiness of your friendship and the gentleness of your words have touched my life in special ways and now I feel assured. Thank you for your loyalty and for reading everyday. I only hope you find things to make a happy day.

Friday, January 13, 2012

The Little Tufted Titmouse

Finally, snow! I can almost hear the little plants sighing as they were covered with a blanket of snow. Just enough to cover everything. The little birds must be hiding this morning. My feeders are full of snow...maybe the birds are waiting for me to come out and brush the snow away. Lazy little things. I should think it would be good exercise for them.A little Titmouse... sitting on the crook of the tall holder for the shelf feeder...looks at me through the glass...giving such a sad look...I can almost hear a little, "Can you help us?" I'm sitting here in my pajamas and robe, drinking from my cup, just typing away...while he sits there with no food visible. If he only dug down about 1 1/2 inches...he would find new food. Safflower seed, sunflower seeds, millet, corn, peanuts, another seed mixture, suet...a delight for any bird. I heard snow was coming the other day and made a special trip to get more seed for these little creatures. Well, I just can't take much more of this staring. I guess I'll go and get dressed and go out and brush the snow away. They will eat before Joe and I do this morning. Little Titmouse...you're so spoiled.
Balisha

5 comments:

Lona said...

Those spoiled birds. LOL! I filled my feeder up too knowing snow was on the way and they are so busy this morning. We only got about two inches here in the hills but the wind was minus one and roaring so the birds had to dig their seed out. LOL!

Donna said...

I'm sure that little Titmouse was very thankful. :)

Sue said...

You're spoiling that little guy with your generosity! LOL We received only a couple of inches but it is very cold and the wind is biting. I think I'm inside for the weekend, drinking my hot coffee and tea.

Sissy said...

If I had a titmouse at my feeder, I would jump for joy! Finches and juncos are all I get...No matter what kind of food or feeder.

Balisha said...

Hi everybody...I love the little titmouse. I have never had them at my feeders until this winter. They have visited before, but never stay for long. They seem to come with the chickadees. I love to spoil them, because they bring us so much pleasure.