A Sentiment

God knew what He was doing when He sent a gentle breeze and brought a lovely butterfly to set my heart at ease. The happiness of your friendship and the gentleness of your words have touched my life in special ways and now I feel assured. Thank you for your loyalty and for reading everyday. I only hope you find things to make a happy day.

Friday, December 30, 2011

"You Are Old!"

Here we are at the end of 2011. What do you do at the end of the year? Do you rush into the new year with reckless abandon or ease into it one step at a time? The first thing that I do is find a new calendar...or calendars. I made Joe one with pictures of his dog, Laddie, on it. I made it at Kodak and it turned out very nicely. It now hangs over his computer. We have a frame in the breakfast nook for a big calendar. We usually pick out a bird calendar, but this year I chose a Susan Branch one and a Springer Spaniel one for the entry into the kitchen. This year I have a free Pillsbury calendar hanging over my computer. I can look up and gaze at food! Joe received a calendar with Bible verses...that will go over his desk in the bedroom. With all these calendars you'd think we would be on top of it, but a couple of times in the last year...we forgot appts.

The next thing that I do is organize my desk here at my computer. I go through the file cabinet and toss things that are no longer needed. I might need a new file folder or two. I have a wire basket on my desk. I put mail there that I need to keep, and it stays there till I can deal with it. Anything that comes that is important goes in there. I have a small file with drawers on my left that is full of pens, pencils, erasers etc, computer paper, address labels, info on my computer. The window seat has a couple stacks of garden magazines, two dictionaries, a plastic box with cameras and their trappings, on top of that is a box with greeting cards. A spindle on my desk holds receipts for purchases until I can file them. I just ordered new printer ink...so I have to load that today. My "Dummie" books are on the little shelf under the printer. You know"Word for dummies, Blogging for dummies, and Windows XP for dummies." I have used these many times. Not ashamed to call myself a dummie if I don't know something.

I put the Christmas gifts away and make note of what clothing I might need for winter sales. This year I only need socks. I got so many lovely gifts this year and can't wait to start wearing some of them.

Yesterday, I took two gift cards to the Michael's store. I was like a kid in a candy store. I went through that store and picked up everything I could possibly need for this next year. Everything was on sale and many were 70% off. I had three bags full, when I got home. I'll show some of my purchases tomorrow or the next day.I woke at 3AM thinking about the next project that I will be working on...so I have to get downstairs today and organize the crafting area...so I can start out.

I always wonder when I will get old and not want to do all these things. I always tell people, "When I get old" Sometimes they say, "You are old!" I hope that I never get too old to look forward to the next year and all it brings. I have to get busy now.
Balisha

7 comments:

Amber Star said...

We will be easing into the New Year. My husband will throttle me if I buy any more Christmas decorating stuff.

Wishing you a Happy New Year and as long as we can play we won't get old.

Jan said...

The weather has been dreadful here today so I've been making the most of the chance to clear a few cupboards and drawers. I think it feels nice to tackle the new year in a fairly organised state! Jx

Lona said...

I always take care of old papers at the end of the year also. I am getting my garden journal up to date and checking leftover seeds to see what I will need for spring planting. I have been going through the sales but have not been as lucky as you have finding goodies. LOL!
Happy, healthy and blessed New Year to you both.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Balisha, blessings to you I send.
You accomplish a lot.
Chill in the air and damp and staying close to inside to continue to heal.
Thank you for your caring notes :)

Sissy said...

Ha! I always say, "when I grow up...", but everyone knows I am old!
Happy New Year!

Judy said...

I always have a new project to start while watching all the bowl football games.

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

Balisha, dear, you are sooo far ahead of me. I just got the table cleared today of the tree decorations! The tree is gone but I still have all the things left to do that you have already done!
It's weighing a bit heavy on me right now. I loved having Christmas here at our home and my daughters were wonderful about cleaning up after everyone..so it is just Christmas that needs to be put away. The tree was the major project..or so I thought.
My desk still needs clearing etc..clothing has to be gone through yet..no new things needed!
It has not been cold enough here to really wear my new things..but perhaps soon.
Any snow for you yet?
I am behind in visiting...also!

I really am so anxious to get my flowers started and to have the leaves back on all the tree's but that is months away!

Visitin your blog is like...coming home. Have I told you that before? Probably. :)

Happy New Year to you and Joe, and many, many blessings!
Love,
Mona
Please..never get old because if you do..then I have to. HUGS!