A Sentiment

God knew what He was doing when He sent a gentle breeze and brought a lovely butterfly to set my heart at ease. The happiness of your friendship and the gentleness of your words have touched my life in special ways and now I feel assured. Thank you for your loyalty and for reading everyday. I only hope you find things to make a happy day.

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

The Liebster Award

Imagine my surprise this morning, when I checked my comments and found that I had been given an award. I haven't heard of many awards being given lately...thought that people stopped recognizing blogs. I want to thank Jan of http://slowlivinginafastlife.blogspot.com/%20called Stand and Stare. I was so surprised and want to thank Jan for her lovely comments and interest in my blog. I have just recently started reading her posts. I love reading about people who live in other countries and hearing about their lives and customs. Jan is new to blogging and I know that she was excited to accept this award. I remember how I felt, when I got my first one. I know many people don't accept these awards, but I do think that there are many who appreciate being recognized. The Liebster award is awarded to blogs with less than one hundred followers, and comes with a few of rules.( I didn't check to see if they had more than 100 followers. I came back to edit this...It took me quite a bit of time to do this, so being Christmas time, I hope that I will be forgiven for breaking the rules.) The rules are very simple...



1. Copy and paste the award on your blog.
2. Thank the giver(s) and link back to them.
3. Choose the five blogs which you would like to pass the award on to and let them know by leaving a comment on their blog.



So now is the hard part...finding those five blogs...I didn't check to see if they had more than 100 followers....I read many blogs every week. Some I read everyday. I have so much time, being retired, more time than a working woman...a busy Mom. Here goes...



1. http://www.cozylittlehouse.com/ This blog is about a woman who just had a major change in her life and lets us in on the most amazing journey she has had in the past year.



2. http://lonadawn.blogspot.com/ This blog is about a woman who writes a beautiful post most everyday...about all things growing. She let's us have a glimpse of her life through her love of flowers.



3. http://flowerladysmusings.blogspot.com/ This blog is about a woman living in Florida...her flowers and her needlework....a truly talented lady in every way.



4. http://wsprsweetlyofcottages.blogspot.com/ This blog is written by a woman of my age who shows us her beautiful home and the treasures she holds dear. She makes life fun.



5. http://myjourneytomindfulness.blogspot.com/ This blog is written by a woman who moved to the woods in her later years. We get to follow her life through her amazing words.



These blogs are all a bit different from each other. I do hope that you will visit them to see for yourself what I see in each of them.



Again, thank you, Jan for this award. It gave me a chance to tell these bloggers what they mean to me. I wish you so much luck with your blog...and hope that through sharing our lives in our blogs...we can become "friends" across the pond.


Balisha

3 comments:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Balisha ~ What a sweet surprise, and I thank you for the award. I'm one of the ones who doesn't 'do' awards as it is just too hard to only pick a few to be recipients.

I did read that it could be up to 200 followers.

Thank you again and I wish you a lovely Christmas and a wonderful 2012.

FlowerLady

Pat said...

Just stopping by to wish you a Wonderful Christmas. Have been away from blogging for several weeks because of a large amount of orders. I'm now catching up on reading my favorite blogs.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Balisha, thank you so much for thinking of me.
I will not participate because so much over the next 5 weeks.
Medical appt. weekly and then surgery in January. Will not be posting as much for a while.