A Sentiment

God knew what He was doing when He sent a gentle breeze and brought a lovely butterfly to set my heart at ease. The happiness of your friendship and the gentleness of your words have touched my life in special ways and now I feel assured. Thank you for your loyalty and for reading everyday. I only hope you find things to make a happy day.

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Busy, Busy, Christmas Time

Two special little guys from our past. It wouldn't be Christmas without these two little men appearing someplace in our house. The elf on the top belongs to Joe and the one below is mine. They are very old and special care is taken when they are put away for the year. I remember last year searching and searching for Joe's elf. He always hangs on the lamp beside his chair and my little guy sits under the tree.

My cookies are almost done. I was going to cut back this year, but they called from the Church and asked if I would make some for Father's open house on Sunday....a couple of batches. So on Friday I am going to finish up by frosting and decorating the ones in the freezer. I made butter cookies, cutouts, chocolate drops, thumbprints, peanut butter kiss cookies, and pecan bars. I need to frost the cutouts and thumbprints. I found an easy way to frost some of my cookies. I mix up some white, red and green frosting ...put the cookies on a rack, then drizzle some of each color across the cookies and sprinkle with candy sugar. They really look pretty and it is not much work.
Our plans this year are starting to get complicated. I need to write them down on the calendar. Christmas eve eve...we go to Joe's son's house for dessert and coffee. I am taking the dessert. Christmas eve morning... Joe's grandson and family come here for breakfast...Christmas eve at 2 pm we go to my son's house for gift exchange and food.. most of my family will be there...Christmas morning we go to early Mass and then at noon Joe's other son and girl friend come here for dinner. So, I have had to really check the cookbooks to find some recipes that will work for each of these parties. I'll tell you tomorrow what recipes I have come up with.
This morning it is raining. It has rained all through the night. Last year at this time we were covered with snow. We have a lot on our plate today. We have to run into Rockford after some appointments here in town. Our car needs the oil changed and I have to have a blood test. I hope that we have time to have a nice lunch and just stop by the mall to see the Christmas decorations. Well, that's about it for today. I noticed that many bloggers aren't posting as often or leaving comments. Everyone must be busy getting ready for the big holiday weekend. Take time to enjoy it all...
Balisha

3 comments:

Sue said...

I sure hope you DO have all of this written down! I would forget who was doing what and going where! LOL Hope you enjoy your time spent with all the families. Sure sounds as if you did an awful lot of baking! I bet everyone will enjoy the fruits of your labor. Wishing you a blessed Christmas! ~ Sue

garden girl said...

Yum - cookies! Your little elves are very cute Balisha. Those old holiday decorations are such fun, and hold so many happy memories.

Judy said...

OHMIGOSH--and I was feeling bad because we only have one Christmas celebration. After reading your post--maybe I am happier--I would be exhausted, But then, the week between Christmas and new Year is for resting up, LOL. Enjoy