A Sentiment

God knew what He was doing when He sent a gentle breeze and brought a lovely butterfly to set my heart at ease. The happiness of your friendship and the gentleness of your words have touched my life in special ways and now I feel assured. Thank you for your loyalty and for reading everyday. I only hope you find things to make a happy day.

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Cinnamon rolls

I made some refrigerator rolls for Thanksgiving dinner. I hadn't made these in maybe 10 yrs. I still had some dough left in the refrigerator, so this morning I decided to make some cinnamon rolls. My Mom made these so many times when I was a girl. She had a sweet tooth and passed that on to me. We were going to finish up the decorating today, so I decided to  make these, so they could bake while we were working, 
 First I rolled out what I had left from Thanksgiving. I made up a mixture of cinnamon, brown sugar, raisins, and chopped nuts. I brushed the dough with melted butter and sprinkled the cinnamon mixture on top.
I rolled the filled dough into a tight roll...trying to judge how thick they should be to fill two pans.Then I baked them at 375 for about 20 min. I don't like these dark pans, because they make things too brown, so I had to watch them carefully.
When the timer went off...they were done and then I mixed a powdered sugar frosting and frosted them. I had two pans...called a neighbor to give one pan away, but couldn't find anyone at home. I wrapped one for Christmas morning...It went promptly into the freezer. I won't show you the pan after Joe and I ate our portions. All I can say is....we aren't hungry for lunch before Mass today :) They came out of the oven just as we were finishing up. Our house is decorated...all but one tree that I bought yesterday. I'll put a picture here of that tree when it comes. We didn't do two trees this year...the one that is coming doesn't need decorating. Our outside decorating is not the same as last year, but no matter how people decorate it always looks so pretty.All I have to do now is bring up the Christmas candles and place them around the house. That's it for today...I hope that our down scaling will allow more time for baking, cooking special meals, watching Christmas TV, reading and maybe doing a few projects that I have had on the back burner.
Balisha

5 comments:

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Balisha, do you make the dough or is there an easier way. They look so good...

Diana LaMarre said...

the cinnamon rolls look so good! It has been quite a while since I made c. rolls. I had one today at a restaurant buffet, but it was old and stale. I bet yours taste much better!

I also finished my tree today. I am downsizing,too. All that decorating seems like too much work this year.

garden girl said...

Yummy! Nothing like the smell of them baking, or the taste, especially warm from the oven with nice, melty icing.

Tolentreasures said...

Love your idea of simplifying! I turned down four painting orders yesterday, just want time to do my own thing. Those rolls look yummy!

Cathy

Barbara said...

Oh! your cinnamon rolls look yummy.