A Sentiment

God knew what He was doing when He sent a gentle breeze and brought a lovely butterfly to set my heart at ease. The happiness of your friendship and the gentleness of your words have touched my life in special ways and now I feel assured. Thank you for your loyalty and for reading everyday. I only hope you find things to make a happy day.

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Touch Me Nots.....seeds from Patsy

This is my little garden by the drive. It isn't as nice as in past years, but the weather has been so hot. I just haven't watered it...so it's been pretty much on it's own. The new clematis is climbing the "homemade" trellis. I had two planted here, but when I weeded...I accidentally pulled one out. I was standing in a precarious position and was working fast.



Patsy http://pattypenny.blogspot.com/ sent me seeds, after I asked about her Touch Me Nots. I planted them in a container and have watched them grow so tall. I wondered when and if they would bloom. They are finally blooming. They look like little snapdragons to me. When these start fading...seeds pop out of their casing.






Here's a picture of the container. I'll post another picture when they are all blooming.


Thanks Patsy....I have enjoyed these plants. They are such an easy care plant. Even when I forgot to water...they never drooped. I've read a bit about them....I think that they grow along roadsides and might be considered a weed someplaces.

Balisha









4 comments:

Diana LaMarre said...

Hi Balisha,
I have to say that plants looks pretty nice for a roadside weed!

Jean said...

Your little garden looks like it is surviving very well. Touch me nots were my first attempt at gardening when I was a kid. Pretty..tough..and will re-seed themselves. I haven't thought of these in a while...maybe I should!

Barbee' said...

Thank you for showing us Touch-me-nots. They are new to me. The heat! The heat has us weak and washed out this summer. I can't believe that I am actually looking forward to frost. Has the little Cocker Spaniel been over to visit lately? We have a new grand doggie named Woody. The grandchildren are all headed back to school this week: 3 in college, one high school senior, and the little one headed for fifth grade.

patsy said...

i am glad to see touch-mr -nots, I haven't had a flower this year except what bloomed in may. to hot and dry even my tomatoes and cucumbers died.