A Sentiment

God knew what He was doing when He sent a gentle breeze and brought a lovely butterfly to set my heart at ease. The happiness of your friendship and the gentleness of your words have touched my life in special ways and now I feel assured. Thank you for your loyalty and for reading everyday. I only hope you find things to make a happy day.

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

The Thug is Back by Balisha





My Roses were so pretty...just the other day..
Petunias lush and blossoms full.. I really have to say.
The River Birch had leaves of green...all clinging to the branch...
My garden just so lovely...I did the happy dance.
This morning while inspecting.. my garden by the wall..
I saw something so distressing... on plants both big and small.
The leaves that had been perfect... now had holes on every one...
The Birch leaves were so lacy... in the early morning sun.
I looked a little closer.. at my Basil on the deck..
I knew the culprit who was making my garden.. now a wreck.
Those dratted bugs..the beetles...had come again this year..
My plants will be their breakfast and dinner too I fear.
My mind was working overtime...an attack was in my head..

I had to hurry with the plan..."No time to waste I said."
I got my jar of soapy water and gloves just off the shelf..
I'll pick those suckers off and drown them by myself.
I feel a little better now...getting this hatred off my chest..
I have to go get ready.. to do my very best.
To rid my garden of those thugs...is the plan I have today..
They'll not chew on my plants this year...is all I have to say.

8 comments:

Margie's Musings said...

Good for you, Balisha.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

I have never seen them so bad in my area as this year.
Hundreds on my plants - buzzing in the air and they land on me :)
I have picked them off by the jar fool - used 7-dust - which I do not like to use. With all the rain everytime I used the dust it washed off. So many of my beautiful plants look awful...

acorn hollow said...

nasty little things aren't they. Do you have the beetle traps? We had a problem and had the traps someone said to do what you are doing with the soapy water and get rid of the traps and we have very few now.
cathy

Anonymous said...

Your garden this year sounds just beautiful.

I know what you mean about hatred for certain bugs. I feel like as long as we don't use toxins, then fair is fair. I'm glad you did what you had to do....

Anonymous said...

I have the beetles, too. I sprayed just the other day. The weeds are taking over as well. It is either so hot or so wet I can't get them out of the beds.

Barbee' said...

Oh, I hate those things! Good luck with your battle. At least the ones you get will not reproduce.

Balisha said...

I've just been out and they are destroying some of my annuals. They seem to love marigolds...I'll have to cross those off list next year. They haven't found the Knockouts...maybe today.
I guess that they are everywhere...I think that last year, I just emptied some of the pots on the deck when they finally left. They weren't really pretty anymore.
Balisha

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

This was so cute! I LOVE rhymes! I won't complain this year about our thousands of ants. A rumble and a roar and we are going to disappear! Riverside is situated on a huge ant hill...I'm sure of it...thus the earthquakes??? I just betcha!!