A Sentiment

God knew what He was doing when He sent a gentle breeze and brought a lovely butterfly to set my heart at ease. The happiness of your friendship and the gentleness of your words have touched my life in special ways and now I feel assured. Thank you for your loyalty and for reading everyday. I only hope you find things to make a happy day.

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Shopping for the Church Gardens

These are pictures from last year, when some of the gals were working on the gardens at Church.












Beautiful day here...It was really cold last night though. I have plans to go to some garden centers and pick out flowers for Mary's Garden and the Grotto at Church. There will be two of us shopping...it's always fun to pick each other's brains about what would do well...what goes together...and what would be the best choices. We do have a budget, but we can spend more if we need to. It's fun, picking things out and trying new plants.Some years...things do well, and some years we have failures. Both of the gardens are in full sun, so that is a factor to consider. This is the 2nd year of planting at the Grotto...things were planted little by little there last year. Perennials were planted in several spots and we filled in with annuals. We need to get a few more perennials today and then manyannuals. Petunias didn't do well in one garden, but they did in the other. We will probably wait for a few days to plant, because of the cold nights. This is the craziest year...who knows what summer will be?

My little robin's nest on the porch wreath is empty. The babies just hatched and yesterday, when I checked...they were gone. I don't know what happened, but there is no trace of baby birds in the nest or on the porch below. I was telling Audra about it last night...she said, "Maybe the snake got them." Well, I don't think so...a snake couldn't manage climbing the side of the house to get to the wreath. It's a mystery.

I'll post tomorrow about our flower shopping...Have a nice day.


Balisha

2 comments:

Barbee' said...

Bluejays eat the eggs and babies of other birds. Also, some of the blackbirds. Squirrels, too, but doubt if they could have climbed the wall. Well, that's a disappointment.

Balisha said...

Hi Barbee...I'm really stumped on this one. Yesterday, I saw a couple of birds looking at my hanging basket on the porch...that porch seems to be a favorite spot for birds...us too.