A Sentiment

God knew what He was doing when He sent a gentle breeze and brought a lovely butterfly to set my heart at ease. The happiness of your friendship and the gentleness of your words have touched my life in special ways and now I feel assured. Thank you for your loyalty and for reading everyday. I only hope you find things to make a happy day.

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day

All I ever wanted was to be a Mom. God blessed me with three wonderful kids. I just want them to know how much I've enjoyed being their Mom. From special mornings past, when they would come to the bedroom door with sleepy eyes and shiny faces and bring me breakfast in bed...a tumbler full of Welch's grape juice, toast with grape jelly, and some years a pop tart. The kids and the dog made for a rollicking breakfast in bed. Thankyou for that memory. It seems our winter was so long and cold...I have been so patient, waiting for flowers to bloom in my gardens. Now, it is Mother's Day and my kids must have known that "Mom" needed a touch of spring. After I do this post, I'm going to go and sit in my living room that is filled with flowers. They look like spring and they smell like spring. Two beautiful bouquets from my kids. So far, it's looking like a nice Mother's Day with a dinner date with my hubby, next weekend...a day with my daughter at the lake, a promise for lunch out with one of my sons...and a day filled with flowers to enjoy. Thank you for making my day....Love you, Mom







7 comments:

Barbee' said...

Only two words: Wonderful! Beautiful!

Margie's Musings said...

Just lovely, Balisha!! Lovely!I hope all you moms had as nice a Mother's Day as I did!

Caroline said...

This is a beautiful post Balisha. It's great that motherhood was something you always wanted. Also, thanks for your insights and for the story about the snake! Terrible.

Anonymous said...

This is a beautiful post! How great that you always knew you wanted to be a mom. And those rose are a sign of so much love.

Balisha, thanks for your comments and for the story about the snake.

Mark said...

This may be late, but it's better late than never... Belated happy mother's day Balisha!

Balisha said...

I'm glad that you all liked my Mother's Day post and the one the day before.I've always enjoyed Mother's Day...if it was spent with my wonderful Mom or my great Mother in Law. We always tried to make their days special....especially at the end of their lives. You never know when you will lose a loved one, so making days like this special will give you wonderful memories.

At Mass on Sat, nite, Fr. Nnaso asked all women to stand...women who had children and those who didn't. It seems that most women have something to do with raising children, be they mothers,, teachers, next door neighbors, nurses etc. Women are natural nurturers...so Father had the men raise their arms and along with his blessing...the whole body of men blessed the women. I was really touched by this.
So, even if you're not a Mom...you can join in the celebration of women at this holiday.
Balisha

Balisha said...

Hi Mark,
Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a message. I'm so bad at getting around to read blogs. I always enjoy seeing your photographs and reading about where you are traveling. I'll come by soon and leave a comment.
Thanks again,
Balisha