A Sentiment

God knew what He was doing when He sent a gentle breeze and brought a lovely butterfly to set my heart at ease. The happiness of your friendship and the gentleness of your words have touched my life in special ways and now I feel assured. Thank you for your loyalty and for reading everyday. I only hope you find things to make a happy day.

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Lucy Goosey in her Easter finery.

Another rainy day here in No. Illinois. I don't know what we did to anger mother nature, but we did a good job of it. As I look out my window...the grass has greened up and is growing. It will need mowing next week. Buds on the trees have swollen, but are just not opening. Tulips here at my house are in tight bud. At this rate they'll be blooming when the lilies do. I would love to get out there, but sadly I will have to stay in the house for another day.


I have a mystery plant in the Mary's Garden here at home. Last year I had a tender little vine...that looked like a clematis growing quite a distance from my trellis of 3 clematis vines. I kept an eye on it all summer. It didn't do much...I gave it a little trellis of it's own, but it never climbed. I was looking for it the other day...and here it was as nice as can be. A very sturdy looking clematis just trying to climb, but no trellis handy. I'm going to put one out there this morning. I don't know where it came from...or what variety it is. Clematis' can be difficult to get started sometimes, but this one wants to grow and has had no help from me. Do they send out shoots underground? I'll take a picture, when I put the trellis there. Will it be a huge clematis or just a tiny one? Will the little trellis hold it? I guess I'll find out later on.


This is entirely off subject, but on Sunday when we were at the high school for my Grandson's musical, I visited the ladies room. There on the wall of the stall was a piece of paper with the title "Tinkle Times " it was a little newspaper telling the students about the sports and other events schedules at the school. I read a little bit of it and thought...what a great idea. Better than the other graffiti that we sometimes see in washrooms.


Well, I guess that I am desperate for something to write about...when I start telling about the latest thing in bathrooms. I hope there's more to say tomorrow...Have a nice evening.

Balisha

2 comments:

Judy said...

Enjoyed seeing the pictures of the neighborhood children and your grandchildren. I wish we had some kids in this neighborhood that nice. The ones I have throw sticks in my yard! We had storms all night last night and tornado warnings. I was up all night. The wind blows here like Oklahoma anymore. Such weird weather we are having. My yard already needs mowing for the 3rd time. It is so green and beautiful though from all the rain. I love clematis. I have 3 in my yard. Hope you and yours have a wonderful Easter. Goosey, too! lol.

Barbee' said...

Hi Balisha, I have been wondering the same thing about clematis. I have a native one that is either coming up from scattered seeds or from roaming roots. I can't tell which, but it seems to come up not in the exact same spot each year.