A Sentiment

God knew what He was doing when He sent a gentle breeze and brought a lovely butterfly to set my heart at ease. The happiness of your friendship and the gentleness of your words have touched my life in special ways and now I feel assured. Thank you for your loyalty and for reading everyday. I only hope you find things to make a happy day.

Friday, October 1, 2010

Happy October...

Here he is on my front porch. I've had him for several years and he sits on my porch for the month of October. I'm beginning to think of fall things now that the weather is cooler. Down comforters, fuzzy bathrobes and slippers, faded blue jeans, flannel shirts, woolly socks, light jackets, oven meals, crockpot cooking, soups, stews, pumpkin pies, cups of hot tea. I could go on and on.
Joe saw the first Junco of the season this morning...the little bird was cleaning up some seed that I had spilled on the deck floor. A real sign that winter is in the wings. First, I'm going to enjoy fall.
Balisha

5 comments:

Barbee' said...

Nice post. Lovely photo. Darling little character guarding your porch. My down comforter is on my bed already!

Lona said...

With the cool temperatures this week this morning seemed like a good day to make a big pot of vegetable beef soup. It smells so yummy.
Your little scarecrow fella is so cute!

Anonymous said...

I like your porch decoration and I like all those things you are thinking about, too. I think fall is my favorite time of the year. You seem to be having lots of visitors at your feeders. I made vegetable soup this week, too. I keep thinking about chili. I love it and the weather is getting cooler here everyday. Have a good weekend.

Balisha said...

It's supposed to be in the 30's over the weekend. I guess we'll get that comforter out.

All this talk about vegetable soup is making me hungry for it.

Barbara said...

I like your description of Autumn.