A Sentiment

God knew what He was doing when He sent a gentle breeze and brought a lovely butterfly to set my heart at ease. The happiness of your friendship and the gentleness of your words have touched my life in special ways and now I feel assured. Thank you for your loyalty and for reading everyday. I only hope you find things to make a happy day.

Friday, August 20, 2010

Spring Dreamin'




SPRING DREAMIN' By Balisha


The catalogs are by my chair..
They're full of posies oh so fair.
I dare not look at pictures now..
Of flowers and bulbs..and yet somehow,
I find myself just turning a page..
To see a tulip that's all the rage.
It's got me now...I'm hooked it's true..
I wonder if those come in blue?
The pages turn so very quick..
Not to order is the trick.
I put it down and leave the room..
I'm back again so very soon.
Computer there just waits for me..
I sit and click and soon I see..
I have a list so long it seems..
To plan the garden of my dreams. :)


Are you hooked by these beautiful catalogs that are coming in the mail? I have been looking at all the beautiful things for spring and can hardly hold myself back. We had some tulips at our Church the last couple of years...they are called Angelique. Beautiful, long lasting tulips. They were planted in clusters all across the back of Mary's Garden. We are placing an order for more soon. I'm going to put my name down for a few for our yard. I think that will be about it for this year. What are your Spring plans? Have you ordered yet?
Balisha


5 comments:

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Balisha, now that I have spent my first spring and summer in my simpler home I want a simpler garden. Everything planted has survived and if they are true to their nature and the ground is right they will double next spring.
I will add a few things but I want something more natural looking and will probably not groom as much surrounding this home. I have to remember that one of the reasons I made this move was to simplifly.
As my flowers multiply I am going to place some along the paths I am making in the woods. Oh, I want to scatter some wild flower seeds.

Lona said...

Hi Balisha. My new spring catalogs are all filled with creased edges marking plants I would love for next spring. I do this every time LOL! Then reality hits and you have to pared them down. It is nice to dream though.
Love your poem!

Balisha said...

Ernestine..
I will love following your in your simpler way of gardening. Maybe I can learn some tips.

Lona..
Most of my space is filled up. I really don't want to dig out larger beds, so I guess that I will have to plant more containers.I haven't had a lot of luck with containers as of yet.

Birdman said...

Spring plans? Spring plans?
How about what am I doing tomorrow? Who knows?
You're always so optimistic!

Balisha said...

Well Birdman...I have to check out the groundhog in my woods tomorrow. You wouldn't happen to have an extra Havahart trap lying around would you :)
Balisha