A Sentiment

God knew what He was doing when He sent a gentle breeze and brought a lovely butterfly to set my heart at ease. The happiness of your friendship and the gentleness of your words have touched my life in special ways and now I feel assured. Thank you for your loyalty and for reading everyday. I only hope you find things to make a happy day.

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

The Sedum Said To Me

The big green mass of a plant is the purple aster getting buds. It is the highlight of my front garden each year. I have given pieces of it away to anyone who likes it.


This morning I worked in the front garden. It was hot and humid and by the time I was finished...I was dripping. Here's a little poem about my day so far...

The Sedum Said to Me...
Balisha dear... your garden's poopy...

Every thing's so sad and droopy.

You tucked us in a corner dark..

We've waited long to make our mark.

Bring us out into the light...

And we will shine with all our might.

I listened to these sedum's tough..

Moving them would be so rough.

The morning sun was oh so hot..

I had to work in a sunny spot.

I cleared a place for them to be..

Terra cotta pleases me.

Stepping back to get the view..

I moved some sedums in a shoe.

There, I like it let it be..

Waiting there for all to see.

Asters and mums will join the team..

Purples, pinks on stems of green.

I've tidied up my garden small..

It's all I'll do until the fall.

Balisha

6 comments:

garden girl said...

Love he poem Balisha. You sure are a talented, artistic lady!

Lynn said...

I love the poem!!! If you aren't up and out really really early it has just been too hot. Please be careful in all this heat! The flowers look great...

Noelle Johnson said...

Oh, I am waiting for this Saturday when the temperatures will be lower to venture out to do some gardening tasks. It has been over a month and some things definitely need tending too. You are such a talented poet :-)

Judy said...

I love the poem. I have been trying for a week to get the weeds out of my garden but it is so hot I can't stay out very long. That cartoon about the corn said it all!

Judy said...

I just love coming over here and looking at your header! Love the poem, too. I have been trying to weed my flower beds for a week but it is so hot I can't stay out long. That cartoon about the corn said it all. Also, having trouble posting a comment. Hope you don't have it several times.

Balisha said...

Hi Garden Girl...Thankyou so much...

Hi Lynn, Thanks...I've been out early these last two mornings.

Hi Noelle...I got out early this morning...It was really dewy and cool. I got a lot done..

Hi Judy...The header is a picture of my woods. It's starting to fade right now.I think we all are suffering from the heat. Remember the cold winter...Which is worse?