A Sentiment

God knew what He was doing when He sent a gentle breeze and brought a lovely butterfly to set my heart at ease. The happiness of your friendship and the gentleness of your words have touched my life in special ways and now I feel assured. Thank you for your loyalty and for reading everyday. I only hope you find things to make a happy day.

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day

My Mother Kept A Garden

My Mother kept a garden,a garden of the heart,
She planted all the good things that gave my life it's start.
She turned me to the sunshine and encouraged me to dream,
Fostering and nurturing the seeds of self-esteem...
And when the winds and rain came, she protected me enough-
But not too much because she knew I'd need to stand up strong and tough.
Her constant good example always taught me right from wrong-
Markers for my pathway that will last a lifetime long.
I am my Mother's garden. I am her legacy-
And I hope today she feels the love reflected back from me


Happy Mother's Day to all you Moms and also to women who have in some way, been important in a child's life. You're all special...young and old.
Have a wonderful day doing what you love most.
Balisha
My Mother's day...
We went to Mass at 8 o'clock and then came home to wait for my daughter who was to come from Wisconsin. My two boys had to work and they called to say Happy Mother's Day as did Joe's son. She got here at about noon. We had planned to go to Anderson Gardens for brunch and to look at the gardens, but it was so cold...we changed our plans. She brought some tuna steaks to grill out. We spent the day eating, cooking together and playing Scrabble. Our dinner was great. She brought some crusty bread and olive oil with basil for dipping, I made guacamole and chips, and deviled eggs. We had parsleyed new potatoes, fresh asparagus, grilled tuna, and a tossed salad. I know that she loves squash, so I cooked some fresh squash and mashed it and put it in individual ramekins. The tuna was really good, and now we have something else to grill, because Joe liked it too. She brought chocolate eclairs for dessert. We were so full at the end of the meal we just sat on the front porch. Later we took a garden walk here. She had to leave later in the afternoon, so after saying our sad goodbyes...she left. Some Moms like to go out with their kids, but I don't get a chance to cook for mine very often...this was a treat. We had a relaxing day and caught up on family news. You know, since my brain surgery in Sept. I have a new way of looking at things. I enjoy the simple things and really appreciate my friends and family. By the way...we tied in Scrabble.
Balisha

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Mother's Day Balisha! What a nice post today. :)

Lona said...

What a beautiful poem.
Happy Mothers Day Balisha!

Margie's Musings said...

Happy Mother's Day, Balisha. Serious illness does have a way of helping us take stock doesn't it?