A Sentiment

God knew what He was doing when He sent a gentle breeze and brought a lovely butterfly to set my heart at ease. The happiness of your friendship and the gentleness of your words have touched my life in special ways and now I feel assured. Thank you for your loyalty and for reading everyday. I only hope you find things to make a happy day.

Thursday, April 1, 2010

A Stroll Around the Yard

I took a brief walk around the yard to check out the surprises coming up. This is how the front garden looks right now. Things will be moved around as the flowers come up. Noelle asked me to show one of my little painted birds. Joe made these a few years ago. I painted them different colors and they are placed around the yard. We got the pattern in Birds and Blooms magazine.
When I went back to sit on the bench...these little friends were flitting and chattering about. I love these little Chickadees...they are so sassy. Look at that blue sky.

The lamb's ears are coming along. I planted them last year around this little statue. I think it's an appropriate spot for baby lamb's ears.


St. Francis has blue scilla planted around and about him. They are just now opening. I hope they multiply. There was a house in Elgin that had them covering the whole yard. It was in a woodsy yard that was not taken care of very well. We drove to Elgin every year just to see the blue flowers. After they finished blooming the yard was not so pretty.

Still coughing. I won't be going to Church tonight with Joe. I don't like to miss Church, but I don't think my neighbors will appreciate me barking during the Mass. I'm staying home and I'm going to read some of my book. We took the down comforter off the bed last night. We sure don't need it when the temps reach 80 degrees.
Balisha

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Balisha, I was coughing and sneezing for over a week but am feeling better this week. The weather here has been beautiful. I can't stay in the house. It is in the 80s. I had the windows open yesterday. I love your little blue bird and the poem. Have a great Easter weekend.