A Sentiment

God knew what He was doing when He sent a gentle breeze and brought a lovely butterfly to set my heart at ease. The happiness of your friendship and the gentleness of your words have touched my life in special ways and now I feel assured. Thank you for your loyalty and for reading everyday. I only hope you find things to make a happy day.

Sunday, February 21, 2010

What Will You Give UP?


This morning the youth of our Church took over the music and the readings. This is one of my favorite Sundays of the year. Father stood in the aisle and said, "I'd like to know what some of you gave up for Lent." The first little boy, who was about 8 or 9 said, "Swearing...I'm giving up swearing." You should have seen the Priest's face. He could hardly keep from laughing. There were laughs from the congregation...kid's are so honest. The next little boy said, "Eating..." Father said, "You have to eat," The little boy said, "I meant dinner." Then several kids said...chocolate. Finally a sweet little girl said, "I'm going to obey my parents more."Kids are so innocent...you never know what they will say.
It's overcast today and chilly...we are waiting for yet another snowstorm. I guess we will get 6-10 inches of the white stuff if the weatherman is right. We went out with friends from high school last night and had a great time. Joe had talked to them and emailed, but hadn't spent time with him since his class reunion. They turned out to be so much fun. We had stuffed mushrooms for an appetizer. They were great...all stuffed with cheese and spicy pork sausage, with a horseradish mixture for dipping. I had a wonderful salad with a huge slice of, what looked like, a beefsteak tomato on top, dressed with a balsamic vinaigrette with cilantro, broiled salmon ,fresh asparagus with hollandaise, and a baked potato. Alex had the yummy beef vegetable soup, and blackened Mahi Mahi with bleu cheese sauce, and mixed veggies and a baked potato. The guys had steaks. We commented on the bad economy and looked around the busy busy restaurant. People were still coming in at 9, when we left. We were surprised at how many people eat out in this time of unemployment and tight money.We were going to take Joe's son out for his birthday today, but the weather will keep us home. After Church friends from our parish came by to see the statue of Jesus, in our garage. The kids were so well behaved and I really enjoyed their visit. I guess that's it for today. I thawed pork chops and that will be our dinner. I have a turkey thawing...ready for the oven tomorrow. If we are going to be snowed in it will be a perfect day to roast it. Have a great day today.
Balisha

4 comments:

Patsy said...

So glad you stop by for a visit.
Patsy

Lynn said...

We are looking at freezing rain and a mix of snow tomorrow. Than snow all week again. I THINK MAYBE IT WILL BE OUR FIRST FULL DAY OF SCHOOL TOMORROW IN 2 WEEK. I need to get back in some kind of a schedule, instead of sitting and knitting all day!!!LOL Have a great week...

Roses and Lilacs said...

Good morning. The snow wasn't as bad as the weathermen predicted. It sure was pretty this morning with the tree branches and trunks all coated with snow.
Marnie

Balisha said...

Good morning Patsy, Lynn, and Marnie...Thanks for reading and taking the time to comment.

I just went out in the "new" snow.Hope you have a good week at work, Lynn.
Balisha