A Sentiment

God knew what He was doing when He sent a gentle breeze and brought a lovely butterfly to set my heart at ease. The happiness of your friendship and the gentleness of your words have touched my life in special ways and now I feel assured. Thank you for your loyalty and for reading everyday. I only hope you find things to make a happy day.

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day

This picture was taken a few years ago when my Dad was still living. My daughter was visiting at the time and took Grandpa down to the bulletin board to show him the picture of he and my Mom. He and Mom were truly sweethearts. He cared for her for 10 years when she had alzheimers disease. He was her Valentine.
Balisha

5 comments:

Amber Star said...

Happy Valentine's Day, Balisha. My fil has cared for my mil until he just couldn't any longer. They have been married for 70 years.

garden girl said...

Happy Valentines Day Balisha. Very sweet post, that reminded me of the book "The Notebook." It's one of my favorite love stories.

Balisha said...

I love "The Notebook" too.

Mine were married for 62 years.

Happy Valentine's Day.

Anonymous said...

Happy Valentine's Day, Balisha. Your parents were true valentines for sure. Can't you run that spring calendar up a bit? We have another winter weather advisary out today, tonight, tomorrow, and Tuesday. This winter sure is dragging on it seems. Your pink rose on your header helps to make me think of spring when I come over here.

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

Your father sounds like a truly wonderful man! I thought I would one day be married that long, but it was not to be.
I just bought the "Notebook" and haven't read it yet.
Thank you for your sweet echo on my post! :)
It was 87 degree's yesterday and 84 to day...I wonder if we are at the end of any chance of rain. I hope not.
Hugs,
Mona