A Sentiment

God knew what He was doing when He sent a gentle breeze and brought a lovely butterfly to set my heart at ease. The happiness of your friendship and the gentleness of your words have touched my life in special ways and now I feel assured. Thank you for your loyalty and for reading everyday. I only hope you find things to make a happy day.

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Two Amaryllis Blooming

Well, here it is today. As you can see, I had a couple of houseplants sitting in pots all alone...so I transplanted one into each of the amaryllis pots to dress them up a bit. These very tall plants aren't very pretty without leaves...so I took care of that.

How do you like that raspberry coloring on the above amaryllis? Almost like a paintbrush was used to outline the flower.

This super tall one is White Christmas


I think that I should have planted the two of them together to make a showier arrangement. Oh well, next year.
Balisha


6 comments:

Roses and Lilacs said...

I really like the red with white shading. That should give you a little pick-me-up. Flowers have that effect...on me anyway.

When I left for work this morning the weatherman was predicting freezing rain for tonight. Hope that doesn't turn out as badly as it sounds. Hate to find myself skidding to work tomorrow.
Marnie

Barbee' said...

I never thought of putting a buddy plant in the pot with the bulb. Those are pretty blossoms, especially this time of year.

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

Can you believe in the dead of Winter and something like that raises it's lovely head and smiles at the world?? Just beautiful, Balisha.
Please do take some snow photo's of your home.
I must go look, at the rate I have been going I may have missed them!
Many hugs and lotsa love,
Mona

Elenka said...

My amaryllis just developed a bud! It was a Christmas gift so I don't know what color it will be.
Yes, I have my paintings all over my house and in the houses of almost everyone I know!! (Whether they want it or not!)

Noelle Johnson said...

Balisha, they are just beautiful. Don't they brighten the winter days?

Gram said...

Beautiful. I have never thought of putting another plant with an amaryllis - it makes a big difference.