A Sentiment

God knew what He was doing when He sent a gentle breeze and brought a lovely butterfly to set my heart at ease. The happiness of your friendship and the gentleness of your words have touched my life in special ways and now I feel assured. Thank you for your loyalty and for reading everyday. I only hope you find things to make a happy day.

Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving


The turkey's in the oven..the pies are on the shelf..

The squash is in the casserole...she put it there herself.

The stuffing is a recipe she's never made before..

It looks so very yummy.. they all will ask for more.

She's cleaned and polished everything.. the chairs are in a row..

The table's set with china and the crystal sparkles so.

She hears the door bell then the shouts of rousing family cheer..

They come right in and take a seat and then she sheds a tear.

They bow their heads and Dad says grace,and thanks the Lord above..

For food and shelter, friends and health, and a family that is loved.


Balisha

5 comments:

Elenka said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Balisha.

Margie's Musings said...

Hi Balisha,

I hope you had a great thanksgiving!

Amber Star said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Balisha! Hope you have a lovely day

Lona said...

Happy Thanksgiving Balshia! So much to be thankful for this year. Have a wonderful day with family.
Lona

2 Dogs said...

Hope you had a good Thanksgiving. I've been away from blogging this week. Working on some other things. I'm behind on all my reading.

I didn't cook Thanksgiving dinner this year since I'm only 8 weeks out from surgery. Decided to take it easy. We went out to eat. It was a nice change.

I have tomorrow off too. How wonderful is that!!

Hugs