A Sentiment

God knew what He was doing when He sent a gentle breeze and brought a lovely butterfly to set my heart at ease. The happiness of your friendship and the gentleness of your words have touched my life in special ways and now I feel assured. Thank you for your loyalty and for reading everyday. I only hope you find things to make a happy day.

Thursday, November 12, 2009

The Birdfeeder and Me by Balisha


The Birdfeeder and Me


This morning when I woke up and sat upon my chair..

Frost was covering everything it looked so cold out there.

The steam was rising slowly from the chimney next door..

The house was very chilly.. and heat.. I wanted more.

I curled up in my afghan.. that I made so long ago..

A cup of cocoa in my hands to warm from head to toe.

When suddenly I saw a bird fly by so very fast..

I thought is it a Junco....are they all here at last?

The chickadees were feeding at the feeder hanging there..

Woodpeckers flew and scared them.. little birdies must beware.

Tiny finches gathered.. in their winter coats so very drab..

"Is there a bit of food for us...we only want a dab."

There was so much activity this morning on the feeder..

The birdies feeding quickly...the big birds were the leaders.

When feeding time was over and seed was scattered round..

Some twittering was heard from birdies on the ground.

I went out on the deck and tip toed to the edge..

Some little Juncos feeding just past my little hedge.

I stood and watched them silently and didn't say a word.

The long awaited birdies...Balisha's favorite bird.


Balisha



8 comments:

Margaret Cloud said...

This is such a nice poem, I love birds and feeding them. My Blur jays are the bullies of the bunch, flying in and scaring all the birds away. Thank you for coming by, have a nice day.

Balisha said...

You too Margaret..
Balisha

Noelle Johnson said...

Oh, I love watching birds come to my bird feeder. I am glad the Junco's arrived :)

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

I simply love it! It is "Balisha" as I see you in my minds eye! Do you know what I mean?
I love it!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad your Juncos have arrived! Hope you and Joe have a very lucky Friday the 13th and a good weekend. You are such a good poet!

garden girl said...

Lovely poem Balisha! Enjoy your winter visitors and that delcious hot chocolate. . . I'm sure you will!

Roses and Lilacs said...

I saw the little snow birds at my feeders Wednesday. They've come down for the north and I think they are bringing the cold with them.
Marnie

Lona said...

The birds are fighting over the bird feeders here with the Raccoons and the Raccoons are wining. They have tore up two already. I hope they hibernate soon for winter.